Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 21-0 run helped the Hogs blow away LSU last night at home. The Razorbacks shot very well especially from beyond the 3 point line with around 9 straight. If we could just play like this every game, we would be nearly unstoppable. Hopefully we can continue this when we have to play Kentucky. With this win and M-State's loss to Ole Miss, we are now back to just 1 game behind the lead in SEC West play.

Hogs Baseball is supposed to start tomorrow Friday Feb. 22 at 3:05PM although the weather looks very iffy. They have a lot of newcomers and lost all their starting pitching rotation. I think they were picked to be 3rd in the SEC West and that's proably more a nod to Coach Van Horn than any idiciation of how good they are (not to say they aren't good- we just don't know yet). Hopefully the returners will take the lead and the newcomers will step up to the challenge. Go Hogs!

A 21-0 run helped the Hogs blow away LSU last night at home. The Razorbacks shot very well especially from beyond the 3 point line with around 9 straight. If we could just play like this every game, we would be nearly unstoppable. Hopefully we can continue this when we have to play Kentucky. With this win and M-State's loss to Ole Miss, we are now back to just 1 game behind the lead in SEC West play.

I really hope they can win at Kentucky and win a few more of the other remaining road games. That would speak a lot. However, last night's win was the ugliest game I've seen them play and still blowout the other team (plus LSU played really bad). I don't think they really have a chance to turn things around and make a good run in the NCAA tournament unless they become a completely different team. I don't see that happening unfortunately.

Hogs Baseball is supposed to start tomorrow Friday Feb. 22 at 3:05PM although the weather looks very iffy. They have a lot of newcomers and lost all their starting pitching rotation. I think they were picked to be 3rd in the SEC West and that's proably more a nod to Coach Van Horn than any idiciation of how good they are (not to say they aren't good- we just don't know yet). Hopefully the returners will take the lead and the newcomers will step up to the challenge. Go Hogs!

They did end up winning their 14th straight home opener 9-4 I believe. I think that the temp stayed below freezing the entire game. Not quite baseball weather but what do you expect in late February in Fayetteville? I still believe that we will have a good year and hopefully fan support will continue to grow.

Unfortunately the Hogs couldn't pull it out at Kentucky today. After starting out the game pretty good they cooled off in the latter part of the first half. They came back and even took a 7 point lead in the second half but Kentucky trimmed it down and eventually too the lead at the end of the game. Miss St won today so they're back to a 2 game lead for the SEC West. There isn't a lot of games left so unless Miss St just falls apart it would seem the Razorbacks won't be winning the SEC West. The other bad thing is once again we lost on the road. That's going to make it harder to get into the NCAA Tournament unless we can pull out victories for the rest of the season and do well in the SEC Tournament.

I just don't get it. Hopefully it won't end like this for the seniors.

Yeah it's not looking real great for the NCAA Tournament right now. I'd say they'd probably have to win out for the regular season and then get a couple of wins in the SEC Tournament. If they don't win out in the regular season I think they basically have to win the SEC Tournament.

Yeah it's not looking real great for the NCAA Tournament right now. I'd say they'd probably have to win out for the regular season and then get a couple of wins in the SEC Tournament. If they don't win out in the regular season I think they basically have to win the SEC Tournament.

A very impressive Vandy comes to Fayetteville today. This is going to be a tough win for the Hogs. Vanderbilt is 24-4 and just knocked off #1 Tennessee this past week (although it was at home). Seth Davis of S.I. is predicting an Arkansas win, lets hope he is right.

How did we pull that off? I did not get to see the game since I am out of town but I followed the end online. Very impressive win over possibly the top team in the SEC and one that would have probably been a top 10 in the country had they not lost. Final Score was 78-73!!! Go Hogs!

Oklahoma beat Texas A&M and Texas just lost to Texas Tech......what a great day! :alc:

How did we pull that off? I did not get to see the game since I am out of town but I followed the end online. Very impressive win over possibly the top team in the SEC and one that would have probably been a top 10 in the country had they not lost. Final Score was 78-73!!! Go Hogs!

Oklahoma beat Texas A&M and Texas just lost to Texas Tech......what a great day! :alc:

Yeah overall we are pretty impressive at home. I just wish we could win a few more games on the road. We've still got our work cut out for us to get to the NCAA Tournament though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if there was ever mentioned here. News of it was out for q while before it became official. But Arkansas will be playing Tex A&M in football for a decade long series down in Dallas. Honestly it sounds like a very good deal. Sounds like both teams can expect around a $4-5Mil payout. Although we do lose a home game every other year, having a game down in Texas will really help recruiting. They'll also be playing in the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. It won't be the largest stadium in the world or anything like that. But it looks pretty amazing. Playing in a venue like that would only help us I think. Apparently some people are a bit mad however because to get this deal done we'll have to drop Texas off the schedule in 2009. Of course that was the game that was going to be in Fayetteville. I can understand being disappointed in that. But there was no guarantee that Texas was going to renew the series after the two games were over. I admit I wish we could play Texas more often but this deal with Texas A&M sounds like a great thing for Arkansas that will help them with recruiting. Texas is one of the biggest if not the biggest area for recruitment for football players. Petrino will be able to pull in players from other areas. Including some that aren't tradtionally areas we tend to recruit in. But I think our future success still needs a lot of good recruits from Texas to help fill the ranks.

Arkansas just knocked Vandy out of the SEC tournament. Too bad South Carolina did not finish the game against Tennessee or we would have a much better chance of moving further. The final score was 81-75.

Go Hogs!

Yeah we just seem to have Vanderbilt's number. Although they certainly hung around and made me a little nervous there in the second half. Tennessee got sorta lucky in that win over South Carolina. I just hope we can keep it close and competitive game unlike our previous match up that happened in Knoxville. But out win today should have us as a lock in the NCAA Tournament now.

Yeah we just seem to have Vanderbilt's number. Although they certainly hung around and made me a little nervous there in the second half. Tennessee got sorta lucky in that win over South Carolina. I just hope we can keep it close and competitive game unlike our previous match up that happened in Knoxville. But out win today should have us as a lock in the NCAA Tournament now.

Yeah, I think that we probably would have gotten in either way as long as the game was close. We are in either way now I believe.

Yeah, I think that we probably would have gotten in either way as long as the game was close. We are in either way now I believe.

Yeah, I mean you never know with the committee. But I think a lot of people would be shocked if we didn't get in. A number of people had us in already. But of course you hate to leave any question to it.

Scary moments in the game after the Razorbacks'. Severe weather in Atlanta and at one point in the overtime the commentators noticed an odd rumbling sound. Then areas around the roof started swaying. Looks like there are some openings and there's wind blowing in. No idea if it was strong winds or possibly even a tornado. I'm sure more details will be coming out.

They went ahead and finished the Alabama-Miss St game but then delayed the last game. Looks like all the other games will be played at the much smaller Georgia Tech campus. I don't know if it's official but I think I read something about only letting family members of the players and coaching staff watch the games because they can't find an easy way to decide which fans would get to go to the games. Also looks like the winner of the Georgia-Kentucky game will have to play twice today. The NCAA Tournament Committee told the SEC all the games had to be completed for the results to apply for the NCAA Tournament. It's going to be pretty weird to watch the Arkansas-Tennessee game if there's hardly any fans.

Scary moments in the game after the Razorbacks'. Severe weather in Atlanta and at one point in the overtime the commentators noticed an odd rumbling sound. Then areas around the roof started swaying. Looks like there are some openings and there's wind blowing in. No idea if it was strong winds or possibly even a tornado. I'm sure more details will be coming out.

They have not yet determined if it was a tornado but there is alot of damage in downtown Atlanta. We should find out later today that it was for sure.

They have not yet determined if it was a tornado but there is alot of damage in downtown Atlanta. We should find out later today that it was for sure.

I've heard there have been eyewitnesses who saw a funnel cloud form over the Georgia Dome. Either way pretty weird to see something like that happen in a major metro downtown area. Looks like Kentucky fans went all the way to Atlanta for nothing. They won't even get to watch the Wildcats play one game.

Here I was thinking the rest of the SEC Tournament would be played in front of an almost empty arena. Bands and cheerleaders and such have also been allowed. But it sounds like maybe some other 'university supporters' have been allowed to watch the game. I somehow don't think that's going to go over well with fans who actually bought tickets and traveled all the way to Atlanta to watch the games. Ironically they're still having some weather related problems. There seems to be some sort of leak in the roof of the Georgia Tech arena and they have gone out to mop it up during stoppages.

The baseball team started the SEC with a win, after losing a couple of games to top ranked ASU. Sounds like bad news for the track team. They apparently had a pretty bad day and are out of contention for a Natl Championship.

Razorbacks have a lead at halftime against Tennessee at the SEC Tournament. I didn't realize this but we're apparently 19-0 when leading at the half. But I think it's early to get excited. We hung around the first half our last game against Tennessee and then got blown out in the second. Anybody see Pelphrey jawing with one of the Tennessee players? Then his responses to the questions as he was going off the court at the end of the first half. Funny stuff.

Razorbacks have a lead at halftime against Tennessee at the SEC Tournament. I didn't realize this but we're apparently 19-0 when leading at the half. But I think it's early to get excited. We hung around the first half our last game against Tennessee and then got blown out in the second. Anybody see Pelphrey jawing with one of the Tennessee players? Then his responses to the questions as he was going off the court at the end of the first half. Funny stuff.

Make that 20-0!!! They don't have the game playing in Oklahoma (except Pay Per View) so I don't know how it went down but I am completely shocked. Lets hope that Georgia can pull it off tonight. We will have a better shot at them since they should be quite tired. Also, both teams must have had pretty good field goal percentages with the score in the 90s.

GO HOGS!!! :D

Make that 20-0!!! They don't have the game playing in Oklahoma (except Pay Per View) so I don't know how it went down but I am completely shocked. Lets hope that Georgia can pull it off tonight. We will have a better shot at them since they should be quite tired. Also, both teams must have had pretty good field goal percentages with the score in the 90s.

GO HOGS!!! :D

I was worried there for a while in the second half. Looked like they were starting to pull away from us and took a 10 point lead. Weems had a bad game but finally got some baskets later in the game. Thomas had a great game and really kept us in. Tennessee didn't seem to have an answer for him inside. At times it seemed like he was the only Razorback scoring at times in the second half. I was surprised Tennessee didn't hold the ball and try to win it at the last second. But they scored early and gave us a chance to score. Hill ended up scoring the winning basket. His only basket in the game. You'd have to think we'll be playing against Miss St. With Georgia just playing earlier and even going into overtime. It would be great to win the SEC Tournament in Pelphrey's first year and with so many seniors on the team. Hopefully this will help us get a better seed in the NCAA Tournament. We also kept Tennessee from advancing past the semi finals. I think they're the only team in the SEC to not advance past the semi finals since the SEC expanded.

Archived