Courtside

Southend

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That fence around the LaPointe lot drives me nuts. How much does it cost to buy a new fence!?! Hopefully, the new residents will start complaining once they move in in two weeks.

Man, I thought i was the only one!! i hate that disgusting rusty fence and how it petrudes out into the sidewalk from the top. everytime i walk on that sidewalk directly across from courtside, i feel like the sharp points on the top of the fence are going to gouge my eye out or something.

I like this shot of the building. It's one of the more interesting sides of the place. In a way it favors its much older neighbor, the AT&T Long Lines building, with its square prison like windows, bland sandlike color, and aerial looking device on the top. It's almost what the Long Lines building might look like today if they found they had to build another one. Maybe the Courtside architects took some design clues from it. Or maybe it was just an accident.

55140055-L.jpg

I like this shot of the building. It's one of the more interesting sides of the place. In a way it favors its much older neighbor, the AT&T Long Lines building, with its square prison like windows, bland sandlike color, and aerial looking device on the top. It's almost what the Long Lines building might look like today if they found they had to build another one. Maybe the Courtside architects took some design clues from it. Or maybe it was just an accident.

55140055-L.jpg

Who knows.. but it is a unique and interesting angle.

Wow I must say the back of Courtside is looking much better! Is this about as far as they are going on embellishing the formerly harsh backside? The color scheme is quite pleasing to the eye:)

The pics are terrific and thanks for sharing. A comment I must make it how HIDEOUS those nearby power lines look! The poles are leaning, the lines are absolutely unsightly! Any plans to bury those lines????

Just read a page or two back in this thread and the First Ward thread. Those freaking power lines are so ugly, they constantly have power and utility crews working on them, yet there are apparently no plans to bury them!

It is so frustrating. They really make the area around the Arena look trashy from a visual perspective. It is crazy that they won't just do it.

Burying lines is not the end to maintenance. They go bad underground at some point, and are more expensive to replace. An engineer told me once that 25 years was a common lifespan in residential areas. Perhaps todays wires have better insulation or they do things differently in commercial districts.

There's no question it looks better, of course.

Archived