Courtside

Southend

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite there. The developer has 2 or 3 for sale and 5 that are pending but not closed yet. Essentially for the developer this is sold out.

And the pending, not closed ones are not finished with construction. Of the 3 for sale, two are on the lowest floor (3rd floor) and are really quite a bargain considering what people are lining up to buy in other buildings. Easily twice the cost per square foot. No one wants to be on the bottom floor, though, maybe it's an ego thing.

And the pending, not closed ones are not finished with construction. Of the 3 for sale, two are on the lowest floor (3rd floor) and are really quite a bargain considering what people are lining up to buy in other buildings. Easily twice the cost per square foot. No one wants to be on the bottom floor, though, maybe it's an ego thing.

Another bottom floor unit (I'm assuming the bottom is floor is floor 3) came on the market last week from an investor. They are touting it as being beneficial because of the "rare opportunity to park on same floor as unit..."

I guess that is one way to look at it!

Another bottom floor unit (I'm assuming the bottom is floor is floor 3) came on the market last week from an investor. They are touting it as being beneficial because of the "rare opportunity to park on same floor as unit..."

I guess that is one way to look at it!

It is convenient. I park on the same floor as I live on, but up higher you've got to drive in quite a few circles to get to the spot. Of course you don't get in you car except on weekends, so it isn't that much of a bother.

Those units in odd places can probably be rented out fairly easily, but I doubt anyone would buy one of those to live in.

I don't know if I'd call them odd, the concrete floors are thick enough that no noise is going to come from anything that goes in in the retail space below. As far as street noise goes, you get that half way up the building. I just think no one wants to be on the bottom because, well, who wants to be the ugliest guy in the room? The floor above them has been sold out since the beginning. Not sure there's much more than an emotional reason why.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally, they have relocated the power lines along 6th to the other side of the street and installed the long-awaited mast-arm traffic signals (though they aren't turned on yet). This was proposed almost 3 years ago, so I had given up hope. It is already looking better.

Slowly but surely, visual aesthetics are improving one painstakingly slow block at a time.

I think it will look even better when it is not surrounded by parking lots. It still looks out of place to me.

Is this the building that looks like a beach front condo? Not positive the name of that one, but know courtside is near it. That one really looks strange in downtown, with no water in sight.

When I was a young adult, Myrtle Beach was affectionately known as "Little Charlotte". Perhaps Courtside's singular location away from the central Uptown core makes sense---it could be seen as a beach-like structure symbolically calling out to Myrtle Beach/Little Charlotte four hours away.:)

Now Myrtle Beach needs a prominent Charlottesque building to make the swap complete.:)

When I was a young adult, Myrtle Beach was affectionately known as "Little Charlotte". Perhaps Courtside's singular location away from the central Uptown core makes sense---it could be seen as a beach-like structure symbolically calling out to Myrtle Beach/Little Charlotte four hours away. :)

Now Myrtle Beach needs a prominent Charlottesque building to make the swap complete. :)

LOL Agreed, UP needs to get someone at Myrtle on the job!

• 9 months later...

To those living in Courtside, how full does it "seem" (actual residents)? Also is there any news on what retail is going in the base, and when?

3 years later, there is finally some news. It appears a restaurant called Kalu will be talking part/all of the groundfloor space of Courtside. I know nothing else than that....any residents hear anything?

• 6 months later...

Another sushi place? Sushi restaurants are becoming like steak houses in Charlotte...

No complaints from me....I certainly prefer the former. There can never be enough sushi places!

I will be curious to see how this restaurant handles the parking situation there. I believe there are only 8 or 10 retail parking spaces in the Courtside/Court6 garage and an additional 8 or so metered spaces on 6th Street. Perhaps they will lease parking from the large surface lot across Caldwell or Autumn Place nursing home next to Courtside.

Salsaritas and Jolina are not mexican, and don't let anyone fool you into thinking that they are. They are both poor excuses for Tex-mex, but if you're going to go to one, pick Salsarita's. Uptown has more restaurants than you think, but this is getting way off topic for Courtside. We have a thread for food/restaurant discussion

Archived