Courtside

Southend

Has anyone noticed that the lights on the building seem to be different colors on different nights. I'm wondering if they're just trying to find the right combination or if the building varies its light pattern automatically and will continue to do so.

Some variety would be nice. There are a couple towers in Winston that used to change things up quite often while I was growing up there. The old Reynolds building would use different colors that had seasonal/holiday significance, and Pelli's Wachovia tower had probably 10 different light patterns they would change from night to night.... not sure if they are still doing that, but it was great. Hopefully a few of our new towers will have some variability in the lighting.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a case of Furman making tweaks until he gets one he likes. In many of his other projects, he has made tweaks, such as repainting a different color, or changing the front doors, until he gets one that meets whatever he is trying to accomplish.

I think that same initiative to change things for aesthetic reasons when the reality doesn't match the vision also played out with the back of the building. I'm really glad he does that kind of thing.

Let's just hope he doesn't mark all his territory :).

I'm interested to see how the opening of this building affects streetlife in the area. It has been so long since we've gotten all of these residential tower announcements that I think sometimes we look at streetlife and nightlife and assume all those new developments have been factored in. With this project now opening with a couple hundred residents, making various walking trips, this area of First Ward could be much more busy after next week.

Very exciting. :)

Well, the flippers are active at Courtside... 500K+ for available units. Check your favorite MLS website.

Doesn't seem to be a bad percentage, though, given the number of people I see moving in already. Also, the prices are lower on a per square foot basis than FAP, the Park, the Vue, Citidan and just about any other project I can think of except for midrise stuff at the very periphery of Uptown. I would expect then that these will sell fairly readily.

Doesn't seem to be a bad percentage, though, given the number of people I see moving in already. Also, the prices are lower on a per square foot basis than FAP, the Park, the Vue, Citidan and just about any other project I can think of except for midrise stuff at the very periphery of Uptown. I would expect then that these will sell fairly readily.

true, but some of the units have been available for a while and some are still offered by the builder...so maybe it's more a reflection of (lack of) demand.

true, but some of the units have been available for a while and some are still offered by the builder...so maybe it's more a reflection of (lack of) demand.

Naw, I believe that all but two of the ones listed by the builder are already under contract. They just posted those to give comps for the couple that weren't. Four out of like 100 units up for sale is pretty small so far.

Naw, I believe that all but two of the ones listed by the builder are already under contract. They just posted those to give comps for the couple that weren't. Four out of like 100 units up for sale is pretty small so far.

ha! you're right--i just figured out my unit's still listed. strange...

any updates from new owners? is it loud, have you ventured to the upper floors? any word on the quiznos deal? pictures? :-)

The only time I notice any noise, it is traffic noise from a very loud motorcycle. However, there seems to be a lot less traffic on Caldwell than I anticipated. Quite pleased really.

Archived