The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

9 hours ago, gman430 said:

3. Drone shots. Who else on here has a Mavic 3 Pro drone and can provide update shots like I can? Yeah, I’ve been slacking lately. I’ll try to get some this weekend if the weather is nice which it looks like it will be. 

Since there has not been a lot of updates in the media I would like to see some pics of the Hudson Corners shopping center remodel and the new Harris Teeter and HT Gas and what they have done too it  since they razed the McDonald's that was there  and I promise to not block you. 😀

Edited by vistatiger
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2023 at 5:04 PM, PuppiesandKittens said:

I can save us all some time, without having to deal with the negativity and misinformation.

Greenville posts all building permits online.  If you have a question about what's going on at a property, go to CoG C2G Building Permits (aspgov.com) and click on "Select Application".  On the next screen, type scroll to "Address" and type in the address.  Then the building permits will appear. 

Design Review Board agendas, with details about upcoming projects in and around downtown, are at Design Review Board - Urban Panel | Greenville, SC - Official Website (greenvillesc.gov).

Lots more information is directly available online.  Perhaps this forum should have a master page with these links.  

It's not as though Albert Einstein is hiding and revealing kernels of wisdom to us via gman430's posts; these things are publicly available and easily accessible.  

To assume we need you to advise us on what information is true or false or that we need you to explain to us how to block another member is a little presumptuous.  Not to mention, calling out another member to the forum instead of addressing it with them or to a specific post is tacky.   Perhaps you could focus your efforts on getting some drone shots as well?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Coming to Camperdown: 

https://thenowmassage.com

Another once available space at Camperdown now has a LOI. Both the massage place and this are located in the plaza area at the bottom level of the Deca building in the same strip as Starbuck’s and Southern Tide. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

The Warby Parker space is coming along; work was even ongoing on early Sunday morning.

I hope that higher-end office and residential will continue to pour into downtown because downtown needs ever-improving demographics to keep being a prime retail destination.  The neighborhoods adjoining some parts of downtown are very high-end, but other areas adjoining downtown have demographics that don't have the income or educational levels to appeal to higher-end stores.  At some point, Simon will wake up and start putting money into Haywood Mall to fix it up; since Haywood is in the middle of better demographics (on all sides) than downtown is, a revitalized Haywood could definitely draw residential and commercial developments away, just as it did in 1980.  I hope that doesn't happen, and perhaps Haywood has already fallen too far to be a destination for higher-end retail, but it might.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

The Warby Parker space is coming along; work was even ongoing on early Sunday morning.

I hope that higher-end office and residential will continue to pour into downtown because downtown needs ever-improving demographics to keep being a prime retail destination.  The neighborhoods adjoining some parts of downtown are very high-end, but other areas adjoining downtown have demographics that don't have the income or educational levels to appeal to higher-end stores.  At some point, Simon will wake up and start putting money into Haywood Mall to fix it up; since Haywood is in the middle of better demographics (on all sides) than downtown is, a revitalized Haywood could definitely draw residential and commercial developments away, just as it did in 1980.  I hope that doesn't happen, and perhaps Haywood has already fallen too far to be a destination for higher-end retail, but it might.

Pretty sure all the high end retail will flock to County Square. I have a feeling it will feel more akin to an outdoor mall than a city downtown, which is fine with me as long as there's good density and mixed uses.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Pretty sure all the high end retail will flock to County Square. I have a feeling it will feel more akin to an outdoor mall than a city downtown, which is fine with me as long as there's good density and mixed uses.

Yep Bell Tower Mall on steroids. :rofl: Speaking of Tower Cranes Greenville does have one, not downtown but on the Furman campus.

Edited by apaladin

Looks like iStore that was supposed to reopen fell through. The tenant space is for sale again by KDS. 

Carmella’s at Camperdown will be opening in the middle of November. 

The GOAT sports bar is now open next to Sofrito’s: https://thegoatgvl.com

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1