The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

Nomad James for 100 West North Street: https://www.nomadjamesbeauty.com

Imagine Home now open: https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/business/imagine-home-to-open-its-first-upstate-store-california-based-chain-coming-to-greer/article_02a9355c-8fb1-11ee-b401-3bf82ffa17e6.html

Blaze Pizza has closed to make way for Crème Shack. Not sure what is planned for the old Crème Shack. 

Maren and Main is now open. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Downtown is PACKED today. At least 30 people waiting to get inside Lululemon. I think Warby Parker is breaking the fire code also for max number of people allowed inside. :D 

Work has started on this: https://greenvillejournal.com/community/karen-sobocinski-bringing-luxury-day-spa-to-greenvilles-main-street/ Dovetail is the general contractor. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

The former iStore space fell through and is now available again. 

The Vault seasonal location next to DZN Home is now closed. 

Crème Shack has opened in their former location until their new one is open at the old Blaze Pizza. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I hope they sign tenants that have normal retail business hours and don't strictly cater to office workers. This is going to further point out the short sighted nature of allowing 98 East McBee to not be mixed-use.

Now, if we can only get the Synovus building to be renovated with retail spaces on their first floor, McBee Avenue would fully turn the corner.

12 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Wow. Was hoping they'd find a way to stay downtown. I have a feeling they will have a very tough time being as successful over in Pelham

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Wow. Was hoping they'd find a way to stay downtown. I have a feeling they will have a very tough time being as successful over in Pelham

Yep don’t see how they can be as successful without the walkin traffic they get downtown. 
The landlord must have a tenant willing to pay more. A shame.