Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

Good work Coupe! Is it just me or has the rendering for Centennial Tower change again. It appears that the middle glass portion of the building now goes all the way to the top and not only half way up as the earlier rendering depicted. Of course, the first rendering had the tower separated into two different towers. I noticed the change when I saw your photos. I had just thought that the "latest" rendering (or the latest one that we knew of) had the two towers connected with a glass atrium, but only half way up the building. Let me know what you all know...maybe I'm just going CRAZY!

Actually eric, they've opted for the one tower design since we posted the change in the rendering. the glass went to the top then just as now :thumbsup:

So I am going CRAZY! I knew it! I've got to check myself into a mental institution!

:silly:

I also love the way the new critical care tower looks! How much taller is it going to be?

Absolutely stunning. Did you study photography ever? Also, sorry if I already asked, but what brand and model of camera are you using?

Is that in reference to the night shot or the other photos? I happened to just find the night shot.

And yes, Vdogg, that picture is excellent. The view from that hill is always interesting, even more so at night!

Yes... my question is what will replace the intermediate terminal?

I think it will be a park right on river's edge with perhaps a small marina. But I'm still confused about the drive-thru structure. Is it still there? Will it be converted to entertainment/restaurant uses?

If Echo Harbour gets an OK, the track you see in source's picture, which runs all the way from the Bascule bridge at Great Ship Lock, will have to go. It's main purpose now (I think) is to serve Lehigh Silos.