Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

You are officially a UP Richmond contributor, elon. Now that you're legal, we will expect lots of contributions - both pictoral and print. :D

One of our ace photogs is promising a set of pictures from the Observation deck of City Hall on Thursday. Keep your eyes peeled, everybody.. :)

I should have a set soon coming from the top of the Bank of America building!!! Probably early to mid January.

Can't wait to see your pics from atop Bank of America, elon. I don't think we have seen any from that perspective.

I was hoping to have some night pics posted in my website this week.......but then I remembered I am THE WORST night photographer. I use an SLR and Put the cam on sticks and they still came out crappy.....apparently it's all user error :wacko:

Edited by elonpride

I knew I saw the melted snowmen... not just Super Bowl, all events at Tommy's! Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Years, Presidents Day, Groundhog Day, St. Patty's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day... Secretary's Day! All at T-bone's!

Haha, and since you left out Labor Day...let's have that BBQ at your place!

I was bummed today....gray skies, dreary streets..almost the worst day to be at the OD. Anyways....Ive got pictures of it all!

Gotta go now, but will check in around 5 o"clock to see if you've posted the dreary day pictures. :)

Excellent!!! The City Hall Ob Deck is a great place for pic taking. Sorry the day was so dreary.

But you failed in your assigned mission. :cry: I've been waiting for the RichmondCenterStage rendering.

Maybe there's more to come??? :unsure:

I know! I didn't see the rendering when we drove by...... Maybe someone who works down there everyday can snag a shot :whistling:

Edited by TBurban

Nice tommy! There are some great vantage points up there... I always enjoy taking shots there.

Burt, maybe the rendering isn't posted outside and one was only displayed during the press conference... it kind of seemed like that was the case in the photo in the paper.

Yeah...it was posted on a rolling stand behind the podium...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Those were some very nice pics listed above. I'll hopefully have some pics from teh top of the Bank of America buidling coming very soon. I was driving across the Manchester bridge the other night and snapped some fairly nice sunset pics. Come over to my website and check 'em out.......boy the orange was really glowing that evening!!!!

Part I from today... nothing too special, just a nice day and wanted to get out and see how the camera would do. Enjoy :)

1.Canal Walk

Richmond12-30-2006001.jpg

Richmond12-30-2006002.jpg

3.New museum at Tredegar Iron Works about the Civil War

Richmond12-30-2006003.jpg

Richmond12-30-2006004.jpg

Richmond12-30-2006005.jpg

6.Looking towards the skyline...the parking lot in the foreground is Meadwestvaco's future home

Richmond12-30-2006006.jpg

7.Looking at Vistas from 5th and Byrd Streets

Richmond12-30-2006007.jpg

8.Downtown Expressway in the foreground

Richmond12-30-2006008.jpg

9.Home of the Richmond Ballet

Richmond12-30-2006009.jpg

10.Some neat old houses along 5th street

Richmond12-30-2006010.jpg

Richmond12-30-2006011.jpg

Richmond12-30-2006012.jpg

13.5th and Main... this is across from where Centennial Tower will be built