Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

An excellent photographic report, Tommy!

Two questions: Is the Southern Railway Deli open? And did you get an interior look at Lady Bird or any information about its status?

Thanks again, Burt :)

The Southern Railway Deli is really shaping up. The deli counters are up along the far wall, as well as racks and tables. I'd say give it a few more months, and expect a spring opening. They've also got wrought iron chairs for the outdoor seating stacked inside.

Oh, and as for the Lady Byrd Building, the doors were locked down the hallway, so we could only go as far as the first doors on the left (right when you walk in). It looks cool though, and the lady I had spoken with had said they've got the floor in, and the landscaping outside has been completed. I guess it's just stocking and anything other little things it has to do before it's debut.

Edited by TBurban

Can't compete with your spectacular pics, Tommy, but here are some shots I got from my venture yesterday...

They're going to be all thumbnails that you must click to enlarge becuase I don't want to skew the dimension of the thread.

Our beautiful city from the Belle Isle bridge:

img1120ze9.th.jpg

Another shot:

img1174mo1.th.jpg

Hollywood Cemetary being and swarms of birds:

img1161xx6.th.jpg

Miller & Rhodes...

img1186aq1.th.jpg

Nice pics BP!

Here's some I took over the weekend. Enjoy!

Tarrant's

Richmond3-5-2007001.jpg

Around the Slip on the way to check out the Sales Center for Vistas

Richmond3-5-2007014.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007015.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007016.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007017.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007018.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007020.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007021.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007022.jpg

This looks closer and closer to being complete... it's also quite a substantial investment! I hope it's a great success.

Richmond3-5-2007023.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007024.jpg

Cathedral Walk, Main Street Station Plaza progressing

Richmond3-5-2007025.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007026.jpg

Richmond3-5-2007027.jpg

Part II coming soon

What a great set of photos, Coupe.

One of my favorites is the skyline seen through the iron fence posts in Hollywood Cemetery. Neat contrasts.

"Down Under" is on South 12th Street between Main and Cary. It has been a somewhat troublesome bar in the past under a different name. Maybe it will find its groove this time around.

And of course you know I want to know -- what did you find out about Toad's Place when you went to the sales office for Vistas in Lady Bird?

Edited by burt

I haven't exactly mastered the night shot... by any means... so most of these are really blurry and they light didn't pick up well at all...

Clearest shot that I got from Oregon Hill:

img1268iz1.jpg

Blurry shot from Oregon Hill:

img1269lv7.th.jpg

Shot from Libby Park in Church Hill:

img1280vj3.jpg

World Cup...

img1246fp4.jpg

VCU destroying Richmond. Actually I don't really know what's going on here:

img1247mm0.jpg

That last picture is of the church that used to house a bunch of music dept classrooms, right? Does anybody know what's going on there?

This is the Music Building that used to be a church on a triangle park at VCU. It's on Grove Avenue just below Harrison Street. Seems to me I read at least a year ago that major renovation was going to take place preparing the old church to serve as a performance music hall. I could be wrong about that, but obviously something is going on at the site. The Singleton Center Vlasic Hall (spelling?) and Raymond Hodges Theatre are just across on Park Avenue at Harrison.

BP. Love that unfuzzy pic of downtown from Oregon Hill. All of the pictures are neat. Thanks for posting them.

Edited by burt

Thanks, I hope that I'll move into Oregon Hill sometime soonish; it'd be spectacular to have easy access to that beautiful view every night...

BP, why don't you let Tommy (TBurban) put that great pic of downtown in his Southeast pictures thread?

Are you listening, Tommy? :thumbsup:

Actually Burt, it's an open thread to any that would like to post their pictures there. If anyone has any pictures they'd like to get more recognition for, feel more than welcome to stop on by the Southern Photos of the Day thread. :thumbsup:

By the way, awesome shots, you and Coupe :shades:

Tommy, I see that you did put BP's shot from Libby Hil in Southern Photos of the Day. I like that one, too, but the one I like the best is the view of the lit-up downtown skyline taken from Oregon Hill.

Maybe BP can put it up in the thread. You know of course that I am incapable of such computer wizardry. :)

Wow, then I probably came close to visiting you since I walked by those residences that were literally to the back right of me. Hehe, I have tons of questions about Oregon Hill considering I want live there in the somewhat near future.

Anyway, I was at Libby Park in Church Hill again tonight, so I attempted to snap some better shots while I was there. I had little success but....

It's less fuzzy than one of the earlier ones, and it really makes me love Richmond....

img1306ck1.jpg

A little bit of history...

img1314kd9.jpg

South Richmond and Williamsburg Rd making Richmond feel huge....

img1315zs9.jpg

Interesting shot from the steps at Libby Park...

img1324ej5.jpg