Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

These are great shots Coupe! :thumbsup: I like the way all the glass looks on Vistas! I also like the format that these photos were added. Is the reduction to 80% due to the upgrade to UP or was it due to a certain program you used to upload the photos?

Hey thanks, I think it is from the UP upgrade because I didn't do anything differently. I think Vistas is starting to come together nicely.

Some Canal Walk signage

DSC08308.jpg

DSC08309.jpg

Bank of America peeking up

DSC08310.jpg

Stool Pigeons and whatnot

DSC08280.jpg

DSC08315.jpg

La Diff

DSC08304.jpg

DSC08278.jpg

Future home of the deli

DSC08305.jpg

Framed!

DSC08302.jpg

Hopefully this view will be obstructed with some nice mid-rises

DSC08299.jpg

Gorgeous

DSC08294.jpg

Main Street Station basking in the afternoon sun

DSC08337.jpg

DSC08336.jpg

West Hospital doing the same

DSC08349.jpg

Lastly, Bedd Tower

DSC08348.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed!

Neat set of pictures, TBurban (Tommy).

You've got four distinct sets. The first one centers around the War Memorial on Belvidere and the shots south and east are tremendous. That's one of Coupe's favorite perches, too. Remember when the three of us were just below the monument at the National Folk Festival drinking in the view?

In set #2, it's good to see the Capitol Building and the Square shaping up in these final months of construction.

My favorite shot of Vistas, in the 3rd set, is the first pic with the willows in the foreground. As you commented, it does lend a sort of "beach" flavor. I also like the angle from 14th street.

Set #4 captures what I believe is one of your favorite buildings in Richmond -- Main Street Station. It's near the top of my favorites list, too. The canal shots with overhead highways, water spouting from the turning basin (IMAGINE - a working fountain!!) and century-old buildings in the background certainly delivers Richmond at its quaint best.

Excellent work.

Edited by burt

That's a rare angle from which to shoot, Source. Is that a stone wall at the river or just an earthen bank.

Kuma sure does get around! :lol:

Going back to Tommy's pix, the bed hospital (Tommy's last shot) at VCU Medical, has really come along since we last had a photographic look.

The pano is fantastic. :thumbsup:

Edited by burt

I'll have to look back at Tommy's, didn't see them yet. Burt, I could be wrong but Source's spot for the shot appears to be the Mayo Bridge. :thumbsup:

Oh, yea. I knew it was taken from Mayo Bridge. I was talking about the shoreline near Vistas. It looks like a stone retaining wall along the river bank. I always thought the river just sloped down to the water west of Mayo Bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...