CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone on another forum said that the developer was taken off the project a couple of weeks ago, and that it could be sometime before anythign happens, as they are trying to find another builder. :angry::cry:

This does not sound good to me, and It would be heartbreaking for thsi thing to end up not happening.

I read the same thing, and I believe it said that the contractor was taken off the project (Rogers Contractors or something like that). Our very own erm1981 responded by saying that was a good move, as Rogers has not done Peacock-quality work in the past. The development is still on, the plans are still the same, but they are choosing a different contractor to oversee everything. That is what I took from it. No reason to panic. :)

So what does the contractor do then? I thought the contractor was for the company doing the construction, which woud mean they would have to find a new company.

They manage the project, engage the sub contractors as needed and when needed, and keep the thing on schedule, among other things.

I dont know if harper might get this or not. It would be a good boost for our company if they do i would think. We have our hands full at Mcbee station but there are other people that could be placed on the peacock. Im sure it will not take to long to find someone else. You can pretty much mark my words that this thing is definetly going to happen. They have already broke ground and have everything in place. They might have already chosen another contractor and that contractor might have their project managers looking over the blueprints now to get familiar with it. Then they will send a job superintendent out with a job trailer for him to put the blueprints in. You will also see some job trailers for tools like the ones we have at Mcbee station.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we're back on track now? I'm anxious to see it rise from the dirt.

Looks on track from everything I can tell. Was by there this morning and there were 3 or 4 vans/work trucks and several guys standing around.....not sure what was going on, but it was obviously construction related.

I work near the site, and see it numerous times each day. I don't think that there is any work being done on the site pertaining to the Peacock - I think COG is using it as some kind of staging area for other work around town.

I am anxious to see work actually begin on the Peacock - they did, after all, break ground in November, and the most that has been done on the site is some soil borings, as it looks to me.

I was the one that made the post about Rodgers being released from the project on a competing site that shall remain unnamed, as UP is vastly superior. Not only did it get removed from their site, the deleted my account. Go figure.

I work near the site, and see it numerous times each day. I don't think that there is any work being done on the site pertaining to the Peacock - I think COG is using it as some kind of staging area for other work around town.

I am anxious to see work actually begin on the Peacock - they did, after all, break ground in November, and the most that has been done on the site is some soil borings, as it looks to me.

I was the one that made the post about Rodgers being released from the project on a competing site that shall remain unnamed, as UP is vastly superior. Not only did it get removed from their site, the deleted my account. Go figure.

^ Do you know anything about this American Constructors Inc?

OK, after I ask that, I Googled their website. Looks like a pretty major builder. Nice website.

http://www.amconst.com/index.php

It will be about time. I remember before we layed the first block on publix wondering when this thing was going to start. Now publix has a good portion complete and still nothing. Its going to happen but im surprised it has taken this long after ground breaking. I think the pinnacle will start quicker than this one after its ground breaking, cause hopefully it wont have the hold up of loosing the contractor.

After leaving work yesterday i noticed some new stakes in the ground and some white flags. Might be some markers to start construction by. Im sure it wont be too much longer. Im looking forward to seeing some bigger buildings go up. We need them.

After leaving work yesterday i noticed some new stakes in the ground and some white flags. Might be some markers to start construction by. Im sure it wont be too much longer. Im looking forward to seeing some bigger buildings go up. We need them.

Yes,when I left Mcbee Station yesterday about 11:20am I stopped by the bookends

to talk to a college that is doing some work there, I parked on the Peacock site and

the lab guys were taking soil samples. This is one of the last things to happen

before digging starts.

Archived