Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 4/25/2022 at 1:01 PM, nashville born said:

This shot takes me back to the mid-eighties and a million Saturday rides home from Rivergate...

Same for me. Late 80’s to early 90’s coming from Clarksville to shop in Nashville. Mostly Hickory Hollow. 

Also, seeing how prominent Amazon 2 is in the photo helps me to realize how much that side of the skyline will look so different once  NY and Tony G’s towers on Church St. are built. 

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

SKY5 2022

SKY5 2042 

image.png.847219590407ed7863bb13786cc26bd5.png

Sorry PillowTalk, pasting old core over the sides of the view gives no idea of 20 years hence.  This fails to show the massive growthth we already know is planned in Pietown, especially the new  enormous Paseo towere 3 &$..  There will be much more growth  on the South side adjacent doen Division and Lafayette.and the foreground on the North Also south od West End.  I think you totally missed that.  The massive medical complexes will not be razed for highrises north of Church nor will there will be much from 21st to 31st in the Vandy area.  Pure fantasy/ bad photoshop.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Sorry PillowTalk, pasting old core over the sides of the view gives no idea of 20 years hence.  This fails to show the massive growthth we already know is planned in Pietown, especially the new  enormous Paseo towere 3 &$..  There will be much more growth  on the South side adjacent doen Division and Lafayette.and the foreground on the North Also south od West End.  I think you totally missed that.  The massive medical complexes will not be razed for highrises north of Church nor will there will be much from 21st to 31st in the Vandy area.  Pure fantasy/ bad photoshop.

spacer.png

Edited by satalac
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, satalac said:

spacer.png

Because I take maost of the posts fairly seriously and judge accordingly.  I also get quite enough "clever" visual answers like yours.  If you have a problem with me, message me and I will endeavor to answer to your satisfaction.  I get a sufficiency of dog and cat posts on FB, so I tend to be critical of posts here that are essentually "meatless" as far as architecture is concerned.  I do appreciate a humorous post, though many times a large generational age difference may make it difficult to understand that it supposed to be a joke at times. Older folks like me fo not use as much social media as younger folks.

9 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Because I take maost of the posts fairly seriously and judge accordingly.  I also get quite enough "clever" visual answers like yours.  If you have a problem with me, message me and I will endeavor to answer to your satisfaction.  I get a sufficiency of dog and cat posts on FB, so I tend to be critical of posts here that are essentually "meatless" as far as architecture is concerned.  I do appreciate a humorous post, though many times a large generational age difference may make it difficult to understand that it supposed to be a joke at times. Older folks like me fo not use as much social media as younger folks.

I have no problems with you, as I don't know you. Just felt that response was a bit uncalled for. I understand we all have opinions here, but I don't agree with calling someone out like that. I do appreciate this response however, and I agree context is a bit hard to read at times on the internet. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

wow.   

Didn't expect such a harsh critique of my half-ass amateur, low-skilled, just "f"ing  around, "pure fantasy/bad photoshop" work.  I didn't intend to display any proposed buildings.  Just simply having a little fun.  But, since you took this so seriously and seemingly wanted me to include Paseo Towers, do you really think those towers and anything along Division and Lafayette would be visible from the angle from which this photo was taken?  I mean dude, look at how you barely see anything beyond 505.  And, what medical complexes do you see in the original photo?  And, who suggested that anything would be razed?  If you could see any of the medical complexes in the picture and if any high rises were built along Church St.  from this angle, those medical complexes would be blocked by those new high rises.

If you're going to criticize my poorly executed work, at least provide well thought out and realistic criticism.  

Wrong!  You definitely think that in the future Nashville will build an exact replica of the Municipal Auditorium on the other side of the river.  I saw the picture!  :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Wrong!  You definitely think that in the future Nashville will build an exact replica of the Municipal Auditorium on the other side of the river.  I saw the picture!  :P

Event and sports team incubators is what I like to think the old and future Municipal Auditorium provides.   

• Like 1