Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

The family and I were in Nashville this weekend; I just arrived in town as the "hurricane" like storm hit on Saturday.  It was the first time in a long time I came into downtown from 24/40 and man is it different know.  UTGrad's first few photo's captures just what I'm talking about; I remember back then (early 2000's) about all you could see was Bellsouth till you got on the downtown loop.

2 minutes ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

I wouldn't mind it if they hadn't completely f'd the brick veneer with the crappy looking panels.

I was having lunch at the Southern weekend before last and was just distracted by its ugliness. 

I just want to take a pressure washer to the exterior. It looks so grimey.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Neigeville2 said:

I love it.

I do too...and I also love that it provides some true BIG CITY level building density...to that one corner at least.  Multi-level buildings built on small plots on narrow streets that butt right up against said street is something there isn't much of in Nashville.  I'm not saying it's necessarily all that important for buildings to be crammed together that tightly, but I love the feel of it.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, rookzie said:

I'm just glad to see that UTgrad went crazy and whole-hog, for a change.  (a "side" I had never seen until now)
Great "lofty" candy shots. -=;)=-

What do you mean by "lofty"?^_^

As for the diner, I'm going to hold my opinion until completion. On one hand, I do not like the brick color...but it is brick and not some other tacky crap. I'll have to see how the windows -- er, doors look. I like the scale of the place....a tall, skinny urban building. I'm just not sold on the execution. We'll see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

That's going to be an awesome view of downtown once everything that's under construction is finished. I was just trying to flex my mindceps enough to see j.w.marriot, Cambria, Bridgestone, 505, etc, and it was worth it....but now I need a smoke.

cambria is only 19 stories i dont think it's going to be skyline changing

56 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

cambria is only 19 stories i dont think it's going to be skyline changing

Not skyline changing, but it does replace a one-story tire dealership and parking lot, so it contributes to overall density.    Actually, the Cambria will stand in place of the 3rd crane from the left in the shot above (if I have that right) and will be quite visible from this angle.     

5 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Not skyline changing, but it does replace a one-story tire dealership and parking lot, so it contributes to overall density.    Actually, the Cambria will stand in place of the 3rd crane from the left in the shot above (if I have that right) and will be quite visible from this angle.     

I would agree with this statement. The height of the crane itself seems to be a good general estimate of how tall the building will eventually be, as I don't see them needing any additional segments for the crane beyond what they already put in there, and they wouldn't make the crane this tall without a specific reason for doing so.

6 hours ago, Skyscrapergeek said:

Great shot Mark!  I agree Cliff, love that view.  I wish we had a city full of Stahlmans, American Trusts, Sullivans, etc.  When I become a billionaire, I'm going to tear down Eakin's Suntrust and build a 1000' classical revival in its place. 

Start with ridding the city of Parkway Towers first ! Besides, with that wife of yours, you already hit life's lottery. I hit that lottery once, only to lose it all. No amount of money in the world can make up for it. :(

• Like 1