Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

28 minutes ago, bhibbs said:

im guessing that would have been right around where Taco Bell/Checkers/Jack in the box are today?

It's at the same location as the AT&T store, though that lot has been consolidated (1904 West End Avenue). That's the Gilbert Mansion behind it. The Cathedral of the Incarnation is up the hill to the left.

Also, some of us need that Taco Bell for convenient victualling. Jack in the Box sucks, though.

^ Yeah, from the front/back it looks decent, but overall, I'm not too crazy about it. I suppose it will look better (or less prominent) when other projects start rising around it.

Edited by VSRJ

34 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

^ Yeah, from the front/back it looks decent, but overall, I'm not too crazy about it. I suppose it will look better (or less prominent) when other projects start rising around it.

Yeah...it looks slightly strange sitting out there all by itself.  I would imagine it will look better with JWM and the other tower beside JWM...and hopefully a few more close to the roundabout.  Also...I'm sure the parking lot across from Cummins Station will eventually be developed.

• Like 1

Updates from across First Avenue from Riverfront Park. 

222 2nd Avenue looking west from corner of Molloy and First Avenue. Eventually, from this close-up viewpoint, all you will be able to see is the 24-story structure:

222 2nd AVe.jpg

Some sort of facade work being done on the XO Communications/Asurion Building on SW corner of First and Molloy.  Lipstick on a pig in my opinion.  My hope is that this whole block will eventually become something magnificent in the next decade.

Asurion exterior work, June, 2016.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some sort of facade work being done on the XO Communications/Asurion Building on SW corner of First and Molloy.  Lipstick on a pig in my opinion.  My hope is that this whole block will eventually become something magnificent in the next decade.

Asurion exterior work, June, 2016.jpg

I kinda like these human-sized brick buildings fronting the street (well, not the blank walls). They certainly beat the ugly multi-story parking "planters" underneath our new highrises.

4 hours ago, L'burgnative said:

What's worse is that it's on a brand new baseball stadium.  Had the stadium been done right to begin with (BRICK) Murals wouldn't be necessary to make this structure look better.

I think it's on the ticket building in right field behind the Band Box, not the stadium proper. That's the only place I can think of with a curved CMU wall.

Of course there are plenty of straight CMU walls in the joint, which lends to your point.