South Carolina College Sports

jfl25

Well, if you can't live in the past, wipe out the USC Baseball win....it is in the past. :lol:

As far as college football....Alabama alum view USC as the bottom of the SEC.

Yes, we all know Vanderbilt doesn't play very well, but at least Vanderbilt has money and a beautiful city going for it. :good:

ROLL TIDE!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you can't live in the past, wipe out the USC Baseball win....it is in the past. :lol:

Yes, we all know Vanderbilt doesn't play very well, but at least Vanderbilt has money and a beautiful city going for it. :good:

ROLL TIDE!

It's still summer.

First, this thread is to discuss sports in South Carolina.

Second, Alabama is not located in South Carolina.

Third, There are other message boards for smack talking. Please take this discussion elsewhere, unless you all have something constructive to say.

First, this thread is to discuss sports in South Carolina.

Second, Alabama is not located in South Carolina.

Third, There are other message boards for smack talking. Please take this discussion elsewhere, unless you all have something constructive to say.

Confused. Does USC not play Alabama? Does USC not play other out of state teams? Is USC not part of the SEC? Can't talk about any teams USC plays outside of South Carolina? :dontknow:

ROLL TIDE!

Based on the comment you made comparing the record amount of research dollars obtained by Carolina to football (somewhat of an irrelevant jump between subjects), looks like USC has money as well. And, the athletic department does not run a deficit. As for Alabama Alumni, many that I know (in addition to Auburn Georgia and other SEC Alum), who know a lot about football, do not share you view of Carolina. Who was coach when you were at UA? And, for what its worth, Carolina, like Vandy, is in a beautiful city as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The way I see it, we play Alabama early, and we hung in the game last year until the 4th quarter when it all fell apart. Our depth has improved this year, and supposedly the O-line is better too (though I want to see it before I'll buy into that idea). Plus we have a good home-field advantage. I think Carolina will be ready for Alabama, and it should be a good game.

That prediction definitely panned out. :thumbsup: Congrats to the Gamecocks for rolling all over the Bamas!

Bama who? :shades:

Aww, you know who Spartan. The team with 8 national football championships. Remind me how many football national championships at USC again? :whistling:

No seriously, congrat to USC. They played solid. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bama did not show up to play.

The Gamecocks have raised the bar for themselves, so everyone will be watching to see them win the rest of their games this season. It's obvious they are up to the challenge, so I'll be quite shocked to see any losses.

Carolina still has to win the SEC East. I like our chances this year, but it's not over yet. We could easily be the next Alabama if we loose sight or get overconfident. The good thing is, IMO, that we've played consistently in every game except for the 4th quarter at Auburn. I can see Auburn or Alabama in the game (though I would prefer a rematch with Auburn).

We could easily be the next Alabama if we loose sight or get overconfident.

To "be the next Alabama", USC would have to really accomplish something first, like have a 19 game winning streak or be the reigning national champs, and then get over confident. :lol: I've never seen USC come close to those goals, so probably no need to worry.

No, by "the next Alabama" I simply meant that Carolina is now a highly ranked team that is poised for an upset. This happened the last time we were in the top 10 in 2007 (albeit we fell ass-backwards into that ranking). Kentucky is not as terrible as their record suggests, so I hope they aren't being overlooked.

No, by "the next Alabama" I simply meant that Carolina is now a highly ranked team that is poised for an upset. This happened the last time we were in the top 10 in 2007 (albeit we fell ass-backwards into that ranking). Kentucky is not as terrible as their record suggests, so I hope they aren't being overlooked.

Winner winner chicken dinner. :whistling: Same story, different year.

Looks like tonight that Kentucky is saying "Gamecock who"? :shades:

What happened to the team that beat number 1 ranked Alabama???????? :dontknow:

As I said before, Kentucky shouldn't be overlooked. I don't think they were, but we just didn't show up in the second half. The SEC East is still Carolina's to win, though, so I'm not overly concerned at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived