South Carolina College Sports

jfl25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, the weakness of the teams in the SEC East are on full display, when the winner to attend the SEC Championship is currently ranked number 17th in nation (not even in the top 10). Looking forward to a true accomplishment by USC, like the SEC Championship win, a National Championship win, or at the very least a major bowl game win.

The SEC is down to be sure, but USC also rising. The SEC East is definitely not a 'trophy' but clinching it is a major step in the right direction for this program. I don't buy into the notion that because the usual teams aren't worth anything that it somehow makes Carolina's accomplishment less impressive. Winning like we've won this year -especially the wins over Alabama and Florida- suits me just fine for now.

So if Clemson gets lucky and beats South Carolina this year will that make them the SEC east champions?.......had to say it.....lol

Lol, by the transitive property, I guess so!

And currently, the big A that South Carolina beat, is still ranked higher than South Carolina. Very funny! :rofl::rofl:

I certainly hope South Carolina beats Auburn. If they don't, they are really nowhere at all. Just the same average........well, we all know......

Thanks for explaining how polls are meaningless Corgi. Guess that means unless USC ends up with the National Champ title, then they are nothing. I mean to come in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in the polls would be the same as 25th or not even in the polls. Right? You said it....polls are meaningless. Certainly hope USC can win the National Champ title, if not then anywhere they end up in the polls will simply be meaningless. :shades:

Aside from pre-season polls, I think polls in general are quite relevant. The way the system is set up, rankings feed into the BCS system. Being one of the best 25 teams in the nation is special in its own right. Carolina has been ranked all season, which hasn't happened in a few years. It's yet another illustration of how this program is on the rise. It's exciting that the future looks so bright.

Yeah, I guess polls are not very fun for Gamecock fans. Having one of their best years yet and still not even in top 10. Sad. Speaks loudly to the words "average" and "mediocrity".

I only have 1 reply: Carolina 35 Alabama 21. The Tide and USC are 3-3 against each other in the last ten years. By your reasoning I guess Alabama is a mediocre program.

I only have 1 reply: Carolina 35 Alabama 21. The Tide and USC are 3-3 against each other in the last ten years. By your reasoning I guess Alabama is a mediocre program.

Lets see.....

Bama - 8 national championships and one of the most all time winning programs in college football.

USC - Zero....that would be 0, national championships and a spotty winning record.

You really want to chat about mediocre??? :rofl::rofl:

I'm sure Kentucky, Arkansas and Auburn would love to chat about USC's mediocre program as well. :lol:

Congrats to USC for having an average (by other teams standards) season. They have stepped it up several notches this year.

Yep Corgi....your post certainly does live in the past....talking about previous USC wins. Until a new national champ is selected this year, Alabama IS the reigning national champ. No past at all.

When USC does something of meaning like win a national championship please let me know. Yawn....until then, just the same old average Shamecocks....good some days and horrible others (Kentucky game....Arkansas game....)....and still without one single national championship. :cry:

The fact is both USC and Clemson suck at football. I love how fan-bases of both sides argue with each other over which team is better when neither one is worth anything. When are the two schools ever going to get REAL football teams that actually win national championships like Nebraska and Alabama?

The fact is both USC and Clemson suck at football. I love how fan-bases of both sides argue with each other over which team is better when neither one is worth anything. When are the two schools ever going to get REAL football teams that actually win national championships like Nebraska and Alabama?

To be fair, Clemson does have one or two national championships in their win column. USC does not. Clemson has a history of solid football, USC does not. With that said, Clemson is having a tough year and my bets are USC to win this rivalry this year.

Oh and Corgi....last word to you.....saving face is something Bama fans don't know about, we never had to. Saving face would be something though I would think USC fans have had to become professionals at. :lol:

Archived