210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Ultimately I can get over the food quality, but both times I've been to SMG I was constantly distracted by staff and other patrons placing orders throughout the movie. (Including one group of guys hitting on a server.) Under prior management pretty much all of the food/drink deliveries were done within the first 10 minutes and then you got to enjoy the movie uninterrupted

I have been there one time. I'm just not the target market for this type place. If I go to a movie, I go to see the movie. I don't need or want food and I really don't want people around me drinking alcohol. I can't think of a better way to ruin a movie. I'll take the megaplex anytime over one of these restaurants that happen to be showing a movie.

• Like 1

I have been there one time. I'm just not the target market for this type place. If I go to a movie, I go to see the movie. I don't need or want food and I really don't want people around me drinking alcohol. I can't think of a better way to ruin a movie. I'll take the megaplex anytime over one of these restaurants that happen to be showing a movie.

I agree. When I go, I order what I'd order at any theater: a soda and a popcorn...or nothing. I have little interest in trying to eat a pizza or burger while I'm watching a movie. I like to see what I'm eating anyway, so the fact that it is dark makes eating unappealing to me.

• Like 2

New place coming to the spot next to Vault.....

Kandy Bar (dumbest name ever) "We are an upscale Dessert, Art & Wine Bar located in Charlotte, NC. Kandy Bar will provide unique desserts, wine, local art and entertainment filling the void ..."

Sounds interested and looks very cool http://www.kandybarcharlotte.com/

Kandy%20Bar_zpsj6b3pr6f.jpg

Edited by Jayvee

New place coming to the spot next to Vault.....

Kandy Bar (dumbest name ever) "We are an upscale Dessert, Art & Wine Bar located in Charlotte, NC. Kandy Bar will provide unique desserts, wine, local art and entertainment filling the void ..."

Sounds interested and looks very cool http://www.kandybarcharlotte.com/

Where/what is Vault?

full description for Kandy Bar;

We are an upscale Dessert, Art & Wine Bar located in Charlotte. Kandy Bar will provide unique desserts, wine, local art and entertainment filling the void Charlotte & the Epicentre need with the following benefits: art, comedy & jazz shows catering not only to the after work & after hour’s clientele but also to families by tying in the tasteful dessert piece.

full description for Kandy Bar;

We are an upscale Dessert, Art & Wine Bar located in Charlotte. Kandy Bar will provide unique desserts, wine, local art and entertainment filling the void Charlotte & the Epicentre need with the following benefits: art, comedy & jazz shows catering not only to the after work & after hour’s clientele but also to families by tying in the tasteful dessert piece.

They're going after Crave... I wonder if they will have hookah

Edited by saamh

God I hope not....

You'll be ok with only the 98% of clubs/lounges that don't have hookah to choose from right? Sorry to be snarky haha. I was a fan of PJ's (before Mortimers moved in) because of the hookahs so unless something has changed it can be done at the Epicenter. That said they'd be wise to go after a slightly different niche than Crave by not doing that and the clean/modern aesthetic looks pretty different too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Plans for the hotel were approved. Looks like its moving forward with Residence Inn......so stupid.

• Tower crane will be on the lightrail side.
  • 225 ft & 16 floors ABOVE existing podium
  • 300 keys
  • 1700 open urban space provided
  • ~96 LF total seating with new stair access all along trade

No dual brand?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got word that the timeline for this project has been pushed back. And I spoke with a source at the existing Residence Inn....between the delay and his comments, it seems likely we will see a brand OTHER than Residence Inn....thank god. My guess is it's a Renaissance. It's the only Marriott brand left that fits.