210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

No chance for a JW I'm guessing? I'm sure this has been discussed - Marriott wouldn't put amother luxury hotel right next to the Ritz?

Nah, LA has a JW and Ritz in the same complex, but I definitely wouldn't expect it here. They would want their own building, lobby, etc...not shared with an AC. Not COMPLETELY ruling it out, but I would say its very unlikely. I think they are vying for Tryon Place...I've heard a bit of chatter the 2 brands are a W (would split between Hotel & Residences) and a JW (all hotel). 

But back to this.....it was supposed to start early in the early, now it's likely it may not start until late this year. I would imagine it would be on an accelerated timeline to be done to sell out for the All Star Game, but we will see. 

If the true cause of the delay is a brand change and a color change to the facade, I am totally okay with it.

Edited by Jayvee

Nah, LA has a JW and Ritz in the same complex, but I definitely wouldn't expect it here. They would want their own building, lobby, etc...not shared with an AC. Not COMPLETELY ruling it out, but I would say its very unlikely. I think they are vying for Tryon Place...I've heard a bit of chatter the 2 brands are a W (would split between Hotel & Residences) and a JW (all hotel).

But back to this.....it was supposed to start early in the early, now it's likely it may not start until late this year. I would imagine it would be on an accelerated timeline to be done to sell out for the All Star Game, but we will see.

If the true cause of the delay is a brand change and a color change to the facade, I am totally okay with it.

Just makes me roll my eyes such a prime spot is still languishing around. I hope it's worth the delay.

I'm okay with the delay if it improves the quality. The fact that we have solid street level activity out of the site (epicenter, obviously) allows me to be comfortable with holding out for better. There are much higher priority sites in uptown that need development before this, in my opinion.

I'm okay with the delay if it improves the quality. The fact that we have solid street level activity out of the site (epicenter, obviously) allows me to be comfortable with holding out for better. There are much higher priority sites in uptown that need development before this, in my opinion.

Agreed.  I think it's easy for this one to take time because I think we all know that it is inevitable that something ends up being built.  Epicentre is already a success in my eyes, so it's just a matter of time.  Better for this to be a top-quality project, even if that means taking some time. 

I agree, I think a brand change and a color change would be good-assuming the Residence Inn is the brand to be changed. 

As for Tryon Place, I am kind of hoping the W Hotel and Residences rumor is true.  Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a JW as well, but I think we already have so many Marriot brand names in downtown, I would like to see a little more variety emerge (i.e. Hyatt Regency, Loews, Kimpton, etc.) in the current cycle.

If we do get a JW, I would like to see a project similar to Nashville's new JW.

Sorry for veering a little off-topic.

Edited by cltbwimob

I agree, I think a brand change and a color change would be good-assuming the Residence Inn is the brand to be changed. 

As for Tryon Place, I am kind of hoping the W Hotel and Residences rumor is true.  Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a JW as well, but I think we already have so many Marriot brand names in downtown, I would like to see a little more variety emerge (i.e. Hyatt Regency, Loews, Kimpton, etc.) in the current cycle.

If we do get a JW, I would like to see a project similar to Nashville's new JW.

Sorry for veering a little off-topic.

I am hoping to get an update on both Tryon Place and Epi soon. General speculation is that it will be an AC and Renaissance Inn....again TOTAL speculation, but there's some grounds to it. I would love that combo. Would be a perfect dual brand if you ask me.

Edited by Jayvee

• 2 weeks later...

Per Ely and the Observer, we won't hear anything on this dual branded hotel for at least a few more months. No clear construction start date now. Rusted rebar to remain for the time being. This site is jinxed...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article26605666.html

They are going to miss out on the All Star Game at this rate. Hell, February 2017. SpringHill Suites and Embassy are the only people that are going to make it.

They are going to miss out on the All Star Game at this rate. Hell, February 2017. SpringHill Suites and Embassy are the only people that are going to make it.

That was one of the first things I thought too (All Star game). Very perplexing, given the need for more uptown hotel rooms, that so few can get off the ground. Didn't Embassy have some delays before it finally got going?

That was one of the first things I thought too (All Star game). Very perplexing, given the need for more uptown hotel rooms, that so few can get off the ground. Didn't Embassy have some delays before it finally got going?

Yea, that was because of a redesign though.

A brand change causes a 7 month delay? :yawn:  Hope its worth it

They were set to begin construction in July. I think in May or June they had a meeting with Marriott corporate and something's didn't go their way because mcKibbon is stupid and clearly didn't do market research and as a result of that they delayed it a few months. Presumably to rebrand.

They were set to begin construction in July. I think in May or June they had a meeting with Marriott corporate and something's didn't go their way because mcKibbon is stupid and clearly didn't do market research and as a result of that they delayed it a few months. Presumably to rebrand.

Think lawsuit for the delay!

You think there's a possibility the structure is no good and any remediation is going to be too costly $$ ??

No way Skye sat in the elements for almost 10 years and still was finished.

Those street-level spaces fronting Trade would be new right? Its just kind of an open bay right now right? If so that's fantastic news. 

The Documents I have suggest a 1100 sq foot retail space will be created. There will be oodles of outdoor/rooftop space. 

Edited by Guest

It looks pretty similar to me. Other than instead of beige, it's Grey and white

Those street-level spaces fronting Trade would be new right? Its just kind of an open bay right now right? If so that's fantastic news. 

stay tuned for more info VERY soon

Is it worthwhile info or just confirmation info?

The rendering looks pretty much the same to me. Only instead of beige there is Grey/white and all the window's seem to be uniform in the updated rendering. I'm glad they kept the spires :) I like spires.