210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Ah, that makes sense. That'd be pretty cool, how long has that been in the 'works'

Kinda Sorta been a plan for half a decade. They submitted plans for the parking deck at least, probably a year and half ago. I have seen any additional movement however. 

I am skeptical too, but I am also hoping for the best. Where would the retail be on trade?? Isn't that just parking garage entry

Ground level. I always assumed there was enough room in there for retail. While it wouldn't surprise me if that was overlooked (given how terrible the rest of the Epicenter is), I feel like retail there is a no brainer - especially if there isn't a direct elevator connection to the upper area. 

Ground level. I always assumed there was enough room in there for retail. While it wouldn't surprise me if that was overlooked (given how terrible the rest of the Epicenter is), I feel like retail there is a no brainer - especially if there isn't a direct elevator connection to the upper area. 

I have the original permits at home, I'll find them and post them tonight. 

^saw that as well and hope we'll see renderings soon.

I looked up a number of AC hotels (I already know Residence Inn) and I don't personally have great expectations.   This is not to say that I'm not estactic to finally get a building there, and it will certainly be better that the ghost floors that brood over the epicentre but I'm preparing myself for the building to look somewhat similar to the ALoft Epicentre.

I looked up a number of AC hotels (I already know Residence Inn) and I don't personally have great expectations.   This is not to say that I'm not estactic to finally get a building there, and it will certainly be better that the ghost floors that brood over the epicentre but I'm preparing myself for the building to look somewhat similar to the ALoft Epicentre.

Keep expectations low so they should be exceeded..

• Like 1

AC Hotels in Italy are kind of dumps.  Can't say much about the others in Europe.  Only know the properties in Italy.

• 5 weeks later...

Another sign the hotel should look pretty decent. Seems they will be using BB+M to design the new building. So thats always good :-).

That will be so awesome if 210 Trade Hotel and the Center City Green hotel went up at Nearly the same time. I wonder the odds of that happening

That Asheville building ain't too shabby. I'm looking forward to seeing how this hotel will turn out.

Ours has a smaller footprint, a 5 story existing podium and 200 more rooms, should be 2-3 times the height in my opinion. I think it will be 20 floors on top of the 5 floor podium, personally.

Ours has a smaller footprint, a 5 story existing podium and 200 more rooms, should be 2-3 times the height in my opinion. I think it will be 20 floors on top of the 5 floor podium, personally.

...but they only have 5 floors of rooms....the rest is parking deck and lobby space, which already exists at 210 Trade

...but they only have 5 floors of rooms....the rest is parking deck and lobby space, which already exists at 210 Trade

To start with, we have 2.5x more rooms. 

Also, the lobby for 210 trade was planned on the amenity floor. So There is only elevators to the lobby on the bottom floor, not a lobby. 

There would need to be two sky lobbies for each hotel I'd imagine. Thats how the two flag hotels in NYC work. 

Our hotel would have a smaller footprint, since I'd imagine they would have to more or less build on top of the original footprint, unless they plan on reinforcing where the amenity deck was to go, which would be an extra expense. 

I take this to mean 10 floors of one hotel, 8 floors of the other and 2 floors of lobby. 20 floors.

To start with, we have 2.5x more rooms.

Also, the lobby for 210 trade was planned on the amenity floor. So There is only elevators to the lobby on the bottom floor, not a lobby.

There would need to be two sky lobbies for each hotel I'd imagine. Thats how the two flag hotels in NYC work.

Our hotel would have a smaller footprint, since I'd imagine they would have to more or less build on top of the original footprint, unless they plan on reinforcing where the amenity deck was to go, which would be an extra expense.

I take this to mean 10 floors of one hotel, 8 floors of the other and 2 floors of lobby. 20 floors.

Would that 20 floors be on top of the epicenter? Or 20 floors including the epicenter.

I wonder why they would do two seperate hotels on top of eachother? Instead of just a single brand. I'm sure there is a reason, though I would like to know

Edit: Re-read your original response and seen you said 20 on top of epicenter. Sorry. And just so my post isn't completely worthless, I would love to one day see a fashion retailer on the amenity deck. Gawdy and highly visible. That would be extremely cool

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

:) I'm ready for renderings of this & the dual hotel. I assume a CBJ article will likely pop up soon

Yea, this one has really peaked my interest as well. Look forward to the renderings. As atlrvr and RD alluded to, these guys are well capitalized... Hopefully that means we get something that is both unique and high quality. 

My apologies if any of this has already been shared but I saw this regarding the epicentre hotel:

The hotel will consist of a Marriott AC Hotel at Levels 5-12 and a Marriott Residence Inn at Levels 14-21 with a Roof
Terrace / Bar at Level 22. There will be no 13th floor. Construction will be post tensioned
concrete slabs with reinforced concrete columns, light gauge steel stud exterior walls and EIFS
exterior veneer

My apologies if any of this has already been shared but I saw this regarding the epicentre hotel:

The hotel will consist of a Marriott AC Hotel at Levels 5-12 and a Marriott Residence Inn at Levels 14-21 with a Roof
Terrace / Bar at Level 22. There will be no 13th floor. Construction will be post tensioned
concrete slabs with reinforced concrete columns, light gauge steel stud exterior walls and EIFS
exterior veneer

Ahh. Everyone's favorite. EIFS exterior. No surprise.

exterior veneer

Oh I think this is definitely new news! Love the roof terrace and bar!!!! Something's gotta compete with Fahrenheit, can't wait for that.

So I am assuming when it says Levels 5-12....the first 4 are the existing Epi correct?

And with a Residence Inn for sure going in here, I continue my spectulation that current Residence will become a Marriott and the current Marriott will become a JW? Is that farfetched of a thought? Wouldn't it be very strange to have 2 Residence Inns in uptown?

Edited by Jayvee