210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

I'm glad this project is finally finishing.

Epicenter will go down as the most anticipated and horribly executed project of all time. From start to finish the entire project has remained a mess and is at best a "B" project when compared to peer projects across the country. Throw up the beige building and call it quits. 

In 20 years the entire thing will be renovated and will resemble what should've been originally built. 

I'm glad this project is finally finishing.

Epicenter will go down as the most anticipated and horribly executed project of all time. From start to finish the entire project has remained a mess and is at best a "B" project when compared to peer projects across the country. Throw up the beige building and call it quits. 

In 20 years the entire thing will be renovated and will resemble what should've been originally built. 

No. Not by a long shot. Park/Skye Condo's will keep that glorious title

I'm interested in the parking for this thing. Parking in that deck is already a giant CF, so I can't imagine adding 17 floors of hotel is going to make it any better.

I'm pretty excited about the upgrade to Trade St. Pretty much anything they put there - even if it's a glass lobby - will be a huge improvement.

I'm interested in the parking for this thing. Parking in that deck is already a giant CF, so I can't imagine adding 17 floors of hotel is going to make it any better.

I'm pretty excited about the upgrade to Trade St. Pretty much anything they put there - even if it's a glass lobby - will be a huge improvement.

There are 250 spaces set aside for the hotel. They were originally set aside for the condo tower. I don't think they are open to the public. 

^^^  I think bland and vanilla screams Charlotte as well as anything. 

This design, bland as it may be, is certainly better than exposed rusted rebar, and we get a new hotel brand for the area that's not found at interstate exits in Anywhere, USA.  Overall, I am happy about this.

Edited by cltbwimob

^^^  I think bland and vanilla screams Charlotte as anything. 

This design, bland as it may be, is certainly better than exposed rusted rebar, and we get a new hotel brand for the area that's not found at interstate exits in Anywhere, USA.  Overall, I am happy about this.

AC Hotels yes, I like the idea. But a Residence Inn? There's one other one so close, within a mile IIRC. Couldn't have it been another Marriott brand hotel? We have the extended stay hotel already.

McKibbon declined to make a comment on why they stupidly chose Residence Inn. I can't make sense of it to be honest. Their marketing bs says its cause it fills the need of the market demand of an all suites extended stay hotel. But there's already 1 and 2 more coming uptown. Why not get creative with this? They had no real answer. 

To be fair most of it is pretty bland.

I think case, the tower isn't horrible (it's not 'good' either), but it sits on top of the EpiCenter, which isn't anywhere close to an architectural masterpiece. Some buildings need to be plain and just blend in to the skyline, and this will be one of them.