Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

P.S. I'll be in town for Easter so I'll try to get some photos...

And by the way, there is SO much going on this weekend. Tonight is First Fridays. Tomorrow is that big cycling race which will be televised on NBC, the annual Chili Cook-off, Richmond Kickers play Carolina and some good music in town as well. Sunday, Monument Avenue hosts the annual Easter on Parade.

but I'd like to think that Richmond were, at least, in the top 3 cities or so. What do you all think?

I would definately agree that Richmond is in the top-3. If I pinned it down to 3 I'd go with Charlotte, Richmond, and Louisville. But that thread is just going to be a representative the cities from which the people are posting

Edited by ampm

They say, if you think it, it'll come true... or come into being. Well, I really want that house that was built at 21st and Marshall with the spectacular view of downtown... if I think I'll own the house, I will... right? Hmm that thinking and it'll be stuff didn't work in other areas... :whistling:

Guys I need some advice I got this Huge Problem that i'm dealing with and I need advice.. I am an alcoholic but in a different way.... Only its with Baseball Cards I have this huge addiction with my Baseball Card Collection and I keep buying and buying and I rarely have money to spend on anything because of the addiction and it just gets worse and worse and I just quit my Job at the end of last month and I'm basically in the whole big time and I need some advice on how to handle this Baseball Cards is like an Alcoholic walking into the ABC Store. So just some advice stay away from Sports Cards because it will put a Giant Hole in your Pocket.

Edited by Downtowner

Guys I need some advice I got this Huge Problem that i'm dealing with and I need advice.. I am an alcoholic but in a different way.... Only its with Baseball Cards I have this huge addiction with my Baseball Card Collection and I keep buying and buying and I rarely have money to spend on anything because of the addiction and it just gets worse and worse and I just quit my Job at the end of last month and I'm basically in the whole big time and I need some advice on how to handle this Baseball Cards is like an Alcoholic walking into the ABC Store. So just some advice stay away from Sports Cards because it will put a Giant Hole in your Pocket.

I have that problem with electronics, guns, car audio, and my fish aquariums! You just have to self control. You need to set your priorities. You could send me all of your David Wright cards! LOL

I have that problem with electronics, guns, car audio, and my fish aquariums! You just have to self control. You need to set your priorities. You could send me all of your David Wright cards! LOL

Guns and aquariums... saying nothing more, sir.

Joey, sometimes it's best to walk away too. If you can't buy any more, let that help you wean yourself. I know when I didn't have money to spend on things, I just had to deal andbe without... heck I'm still dealing and being without! It's not so bad, really, and I wouldn't compare it to alcoholism. It's just a habit that in time maybe you can control or moderate. You really made my jaw drop with that though before reading on. Try to find something else that gives you satisfaction or comfort that doesn't cost. Maybe admire what you have already.

Are we still praising spring and its arrival? Man I couldn't be more miserable. I feel every tree and plant is out to kill me or at least make my head feel like it's about to explode. I was out and about yesterday and pollen dust clouds were roaming the area thanks to the breeze. Sometimes I wonder, why the heck couldn't plants just evolve and reproduce in other ways. Let's just fast forward to October.

Way to jinx spring, Cam :lol: I woke up to 2 inches of snow this morning <_<

Way to jinx spring, Cam :lol: I woke up to 2 inches of snow this morning <_<

That's the heaviest snow fall of the season isn't it? Not a flake has fallen up here since a few flurries in Central Park earlier this week.

Where is spring?

I'm going to watch the bike races starting at 2:30PM today. I don't envy those guys and gals peddling thru snow between Williamsburg and Richmond.

And Joey, curb that addiction!! You scared hell outta me when you called yourself an alcoholic!!! I'm relieved it's just baseball cards. Can't you sell off a bunch of them?

I can't believe Richmond got snow this morning on a day when Richmond hits the big time national screen with a cycling event....outdoors! That's just nuts!

Eric, if you get a chance, tune in to NBC between 2:30 and 5PM eastern time; they're running a tape of the Williamsburg/Richmond bike race.

It's better late than never. All winter long I hoped and wished for snow and nothing. When they forcast snow showers, I said, 'Yeah right." But at 5AM everything was covered. Maybe it's enough to keep the pollen down some (or kill some of those darned plants). Spring is the cruellest of all seasons and the most schizophrenic. I enjoyed the all-too brief appearence of winter because I know it's going to turn into an oven soon.

While surfing the TV channels this morning, I saw a man on Fox News who I believe is an FBI agent sitting in front of the Richmond skyline discussing the friendly-fire killing of another FBI agent in a bank robbery in a distant city.

Wonder why the gentleman from (or,at least IN) Richmond was being interviewed rather than someone on the actual scene?

While surfing the TV channels this morning, I saw a man on Fox News who I believe is an FBI agent sitting in front of the Richmond skyline discussing the friendly-fire killing of another FBI agent in a bank robbery in a distant city.

Wonder why the gentleman from (or,at least IN) Richmond was being interviewed rather than someone on the actual scene?

Haha, I was watching that too. A few minutes earlier they had Mayor Wilder on there discussing his possible endorsement for Obama. He had the Richmond Skyline as his background. I'm sure it was done with blue screen technology. When the next story came on they must have forgotten to change the background image.

SO. I went to Barnes and Noble this afternoon and picked up a copy of the new Matt Wertz CD(It's amazing if you're an acoustic and indie music fan). Anywho, to the point. There's a song on there called 'Capitol City,' and the first line in the song is.."Listen Close. The monuments are whispering your name." I just thought it was cool, reminded me of the city.

Anyways, I'm headed to Philadelphia till Sunday. Hope you all enjoy your weekends, and take care :)

Though I had seen The Richmond Ballet performance of CARMINA BURANA on April 1st in their Studio Theatre at 5th and Canal Streets, I was impressed enough to buy a ticket for last night's performance of "John Butler: An American Master" at the Joyce Theatre in Manhattan. The Richmond company, in its week-long engagement at The Joyce, is dancing the piece along with two other John Butler works.

It was a superb evening, and the full house stood and cheered.

Today, The New York Times devoted a quarter of a page to pictures and an excellent review of The Richmond Ballet.