Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Burt, bookmark this link (hopefully it won't change) in order to get to something similar to what we had before:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/times_dispatch.html

Thanks, JSI, but the only difference between your link and the other is the Times Dispatch banner across the top as far as I can tell.

I'm trying my damdest to find a way around the site, but more than the usual number of blank pages come up. Also, features I personally enjoyed have either bit the dust or are hidden. Building Permits, for example. If you click "more" in the business/real estate section, last week's column is there. I think, as dated as it was, it is gone forever.

I miss a few things in Arts & Entertainment -- like Theatre/Dance and Music calendars as well as Cynthia McMullin's On The Aisle column. But maybe I don't know how to find them.

And maybe it's just "slow local news days" but I haven't found many stories to enjoy, spend time on and reprint on this board.

Enough kvetching from me. The old man will adapt! :thumbsup:

I just had a party at my house in the fan on Friday and one of the 5 bands I'm in played at the party. This group is the newest, we've only been practicing together for about 6 weeks, but I feel really good about the music. The only problem is we don't have a name. I've used band name generators online, but nothing has been good enough for us to unanimously agree on it. Anyone have any suggestions? Our sound is sort of like a Led Zeppelin meets Stevie Wonder meets Alice in Chains meets the Beatles type sound. :lol:

Haha, well if you were playing in the Fan at a party, maybe you could call it the party patrol crashers.

We still had a decent crowd at 2:00, probably 50 people (there were some randoms I think.) The last few people rolled out about 3:30. And the cops never came. The band stopped playing at midnight, out of respect for the neighbors, although they've since said it wasn't that loud. We covered all the walls around the stage (yes, I built a stage) with comforters and carpets and even put a mattress over the window near the drummer. I think it helped keep the sound down outside. And we even had a 15 in. 128 dB mackie subwoofer pumping out bass. The stage was at the very front of the house but across the street are the new condos at 2100 Grove which aren't yet occupied and my neighors on the right are all college age. The neighbors on the other side are older but they actually complemented me on the music so I guess they didn't mind. I would guess that the most noise came from all the people talking (loudly) on the front porch and in the front yard.

I must say this house is great for parties. I'll be sure to mention it next time I have one.

I just had a party at my house in the fan on Friday and one of the 5 bands I'm in played at the party. This group is the newest, we've only been practicing together for about 6 weeks, but I feel really good about the music. The only problem is we don't have a name. I've used band name generators online, but nothing has been good enough for us to unanimously agree on it. Anyone have any suggestions? Our sound is sort of like a Led Zeppelin meets Stevie Wonder meets Alice in Chains meets the Beatles type sound. :lol:

Cadeho & The World Class Elite ... :whistling:

That was an imaginary group I came up with on a Temptations messageboard.. our sister group belonged to another poster Dbaby & The Divettes.

Groovemasters?

R I C Jamsters?

Bluebloods?

FFV? (no not Fine Foods of Virginia)

Broad Street?

The Skystyks?

The Raging # (however many of you there are)?

G Clef & The Keys?

The Muddoggz?

7Hills?

Falls Fortune?

Durtaysoul?

SeekFindSeek?

Yo! Y'all!?

Chekit?

Or do like Jodeci and Bell Biv DeVoe and make a name of your names... like with Cadeho as well...

Does anyone have a print copy of last week's (April 25) Style Weekly that they wouldn't mind giving me? Or know how I can nab an old one? I didn't get a chance to pick up a copy, and I just found out last night that I was mentioned in a multiple choice question in this article:

http://www.styleweekly.com/article.asp?idarticle=14250

Edited by BreakfastPills

Since only 10 zines, or would-be zines, are mentioned, I'm guessing you are Basket of Biscuits Peter Penumbra. Or could you be Shelly the Wee? :lol:

Call the Style office in Scotts Addition (see actual address and phone number in today's edition). I'm sure they can tell you how to obtain back issues.

Congratulations on your newfound notoriety.

When you say BP, I'm thinking of those catchy "Say Hey" commercials...

Say hey! Make the world a little better. Say hey, say hey! :good:

Hahaha. When I abbreviate names it's because I'm too lazy to spell out the full tags. If it's more than 6 letters, I go with a short version. Thus Coupe, which I think I invented. :lol:

Since Vista's Live Cam has been up, I have gone there to check out the weather in Richmond; but I can't seem to access it today. Maybe they've dismantled it.

Is it raining on the Queen today?

There was a light rain in Richmond, as I left for C-ville.

Edited by Icetera

Hahaha. When I abbreviate names it's because I'm too lazy to spell out the full tags. If it's more than 6 letters, I go with a short version. Thus Coupe, which I think I invented. :lol:

I see I have been reduced to a 3 letter name also :P

I see I have been reduced to a 3 letter name also :P

As the Artful Dodger said, "Consider yourself one of us". :yahoo:

Hahahaha. Blitzkrieg Koala's the name of the zine.

That would have been my last guess. :rofl:

I've always wondered how you came up with the tag BreakfastPills? Wont't even attempt to guess about Blitzkrieg Koala.

Were you able to get a hard copy of that Style issue?

Edited by burt