Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Was that masacre in the City of Roanoke or county? Crimes are reported individually by locality juristrictions in Metropolitan Richmond, I believe.

Is it still snowing in Chesterfield? Cloudy, cold and ugly here, but nothing falling.

Aside from the horror of ANY murder, I'm really thrilled about the low murder figure for January in Richmond.

It was in the city. It is still snowing here, although judging by the radar, I think it will stop within the next 45 minutes.

Yes, 2 murders in the month is below average and would set a good precedent for the rest of the year.

What does it mean in that strip at the bottom of the threads page when it says, for instsance, "X number are browing this forum -- X guests and no anonymous users?"

If Raleigh UP members come to visit us are they identified by name?

In other words, who are the unidentified browsers? Are they UP members from other forums? And what is the difference between "guest" and "browser?"

After posting here for about two years, just thought I'd ask. :)

Edited by burt

What does it mean in that strip at the bottom of the threads page when it says, for instsance, "X number are browing this forum -- X guests and no anonymous users?"

If Raleigh UP members come to visit us are they identified by name?

In other words, who are the unidentified browsers? Are they UP members from other forums? And what is the difference between "guest" and "browser?"

After posting here for about two years, just thought I'd ask. :)

If any other UP members visit our forum their name would appear unless they have selected to sign in anonymously.

Anonymous people are those who check the box, Log in in as invisible on the login screen.

Take this example:

3 User(s) are browsing this forum (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

1 Members: urbanvb

I am online (as a member) as well as 2 guests which are folks who are not registered/not signed in).

If anyone is still experiencing issues with logging out please delete your cookies as they have made some changes. I also deleted my history and temp files just to be sure.

Hahaha. I had someone up here yesterday helping me connect my new printer/copier/fax. When I asked him to delete my cookies, he tried but couldn't find any cookies at all in my system. I'm cookie-less, apparently. :rofl:

Uh...when do the lights on the city get turned off for good?

Are you talking about the buildings outlined in lights, Tommy? They're still on? I thought that was just a Yuletide thing.

Edited by burt

I read the other day that The University of Richmond reached its fund raising goal of $200 million a year before the deadline.

Also, it is reported that UR's endowment fund exceeds $1.5 BILLION.

And they have the largest number of applicants for undergrad ever.

Tuition, including room and board, totals more than $42,000 a year, but the University is generous with scholarships and financial aid.

Thanks for your help guy... who should we go to should we have any questions or issues?

:blink: I guess me since my mod powers are suddenly back in this forum. I had no idea this was about to transpire so i'm kind of confused as to what's going on. Coupe, if you need something or have questions pm me.