Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Hey, that race traffic was horrible today. I'm sure it'll be heavy when I get off work. Laburnam was backed up all the way to Harvie Rd and Mechanicsville was moving so slowly, I turned around before I got to it. But it's great we pull in that many people... and I wonder if I can go look at the grandstand without a race going on?

Genearl Observations (from a recent trip)

*Nine Mile Rd (whewww, needs some development)

*Need to learn ways to avoid toll

*Why doesn't Yahoo Maps understands Richmond's one way streets (I must have circled the same block 5x)

*Traffic on W Cary (yikes, roads are too tight for the SUV driver)

*I expect to pay for a lot of parking (see SUV reference above)

*You have to go pretty far for shopping districts / strip malls if you live downtown

*I've notice quite a bit of a squanderers (assumption)

*High level of dependency on interstate highways to get to and fro (not a lot of state routes that are not main streets)

Genearl Observations (from a recent trip)

*Nine Mile Rd (whewww, needs some development)

*Need to learn ways to avoid toll

*Why doesn't Yahoo Maps understands Richmond's one way streets (I must have circled the same block 5x)

*Traffic on W Cary (yikes, roads are too tight for the SUV driver)

*I expect to pay for a lot of parking (see SUV reference above)

*You have to go pretty far for shopping districts / strip malls if you live downtown

*I've notice quite a bit of a squanderers (assumption)

*High level of dependency on interstate highways to get to and fro (not a lot of state routes that are not main streets)

Did you have any positive observations while in town? :dontknow:

Did you have any positive observations while in town? :dontknow:

Point wasn't to come off like a bash post, not my intentions at all. I am very excited being in RVA and back into VA; however, at the same time this is my first experience living in Richmond, I have to learn the good of the city as well as the shortcomings. I'd be a fool not to know/understand the issues that would face a resident day to day: safety, travel, and such. I do not know the areas, neighborhoods, and shortcuts so this is all very new to me.

My first trip, I got to see some of the gems of the city. I have been around and about since then to handle business, so it wasn't so much of sight seeing as much as a minor snapshot observation of functioning as a resident rather than a tourist. I should have stated that in the original post. :thumbsup:

Point wasn't to come off like a bash post, not my intentions at all. I am very excited being in RVA and back into VA; however, at the same time this is my first experience living in Richmond, I have to learn the good of the city as well as the shortcomings. I'd be a fool not to know/understand the issues that would face a resident day to day: safety, travel, and such. I do not know the areas, neighborhoods, and shortcuts so this is all very new to me.

My first trip, I got to see some of the gems of the city. I have been around and about since then to handle business, so it wasn't so much of sight seeing as much as a minor snapshot observation of functioning as a resident rather than a tourist. I should have stated that in the original post. :thumbsup:

Oh, I know, and I didn't want mine to come off as a "whiny" post or something. I just wanted to make sure you didn't end up with a negative experience :thumbsup:

Haha, I grew it out since the NFF :D It's getting a bit shaggy though, I think it's time for a trim.

I may be a bit partial since I'm in the military, but I would agree with your assessment that it is time for a trim. I mean really, look at that mop! :rofl: Just kidding, bro! If that's what the girls these days dig, then by all means! It's funny though because back in the early 80s when I had hair like that, I got beat up!!!

Edited by eandslee

Tommy's the 7th or 8th Beatle. Tommy beware, if we meet, I will be packing.... scissors!

cityhopper, thank you so much for your observations. It's basically what I see and know but I at times get shot down for mine. At least I am not the only person who notices Nine Mile (and Williamsburg) need huge improvments, Richmond is a car-lover's paradise with as much it needs to be used to get around, and NOTHING IS DOWNTOWN... the real shopping is miles away. Maybe one day we'll improve all of that.

Edited by Cadeho

As the Artful Dodger said, "Consider yourself one of us". :yahoo:

That would have been my last guess. :rofl:

I've always wondered how you came up with the tag BreakfastPills? Wont't even attempt to guess about Blitzkrieg Koala.

Were you able to get a hard copy of that Style issue?

Nah, I just e-mailed them, and will call today. Think they'll be a back charge?

Yeah, I like your hair TBurban haha. I used to have hair like that. Now mine's twice as long as that. :mellow:

Can you share what you've heard, BGW? I'm curious.

I'd rather not just yet, 'til we hear whether a couple of important details are indeed true. The last thing I want to do is spread untrue details about this.