Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Neither store has a place in the entire East End. What's with the discrimination? You can't say there is no market for gas or food.

Maybe some entrepreneurial spirit by those who live in and love the area could entice investment. A little nudge sometimes gets things going. 25th Street seems to be coming along, and the Nine Mile Road and Mechanicsville Tpk corridors would seem like an attractive location for Wawa and/or Sheetz.

Edited by burt

Oy, I'm already suffering from the pollen... curse spring! And those cherry blossoms... aren't they the white flowered trees that stink to high heaven? Fredericksburg was covered in those all over the place and they were quite messy too. Are those the same trees?

Hey everyone I know I haven't been committed to UP lately but baseball has started up again and it seems to have many issues around the team. Plus I have been on other sites trying to add more to my Baseball Card Collection but i'm still checking out what you all are talking about. I'm trying to go back downtown to take Pics again but I never seem to have the time for it. Just letting you all know i'm still around.

Hey everyone I know I haven't been committed to UP lately but baseball has started up again and it seems to have many issues around the team. Plus I have been on other sites trying to add more to my Baseball Card Collection but i'm still checking out what you all are talking about. I'm trying to go back downtown to take Pics again but I never seem to have the time for it. Just letting you all know i'm still around.

We've noticed you've been missing, Joey. Welcome back.

Tom Hanks' production of the JOHN ADAMS miniseries is shooting on a set built in the Mechanicsville area as well as at other sites. Filming is expected to continue into May. If you don't mind the "sit around and wait" aspect of movie-making, you might be interested in the following story from The Times Dispatch. Give it a try for a day or so and pick up a few extra bucks. :)

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...;oasPN=%21flair

Here's the web site for the above census information. I was told to "go to News or News Releases, check item on 100 fastest growing counties. That has links to tables."

If anyone figures it out, please post it here so computer illiterates like me can read the tables. :lol:

http://www.census.gov/

I found this, but it has the fastest growing counties from 1 April 2000 - 1 July 2005. You can take a look at it and see what you think:

100 Fastest Growing Counties (Excel spreadsheet)

GMU... I notice your info on the left side says Richmond, Harrisonburg... do you go to JMU? I've got a ton of friends that go there.. always a fun place to visit, that's for sure!

Yep, I'm at JMU. I'm actually transferring to VCU this fall, though, and I am counting the days to be back in Richmond after this semester... May 4th! What class year were you?