Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

I really like the grass in the foreground, also--something about this pic just screams "Louisiana!" Nice shot, man!

:lol: I'm glad you noticed that! I made sure I got the grass in the foreground for effect. Cypress trees, in my opinion, always scream "Louisiana," as does Spanish moss. I need to get some really mossy swamp pics sometime in the near future.

Agreed ! That looks really cool. Maybe that one will start a trend.

That would be cool, but I doubted. I don't know much about that Walgreens, but I'm pretty sure its design was the standard design whenever it was built or converted. And I think it looks so cool also because of the buildings that surround it. It would be kind of weird seeing a Walgreens like that out in the 'burbs. ;)

The coolest Walgreens ever! :D

img3637border0bm.jpg

^on Canal Street in New Orleans

That is cool! :thumbsup: I'd love to see it lit up at night!

All of y'all's pictures are great. I really hope to make it down that way some day. Until then I'll vacation on Urban Planet's photo of the day threads. :lol:

Yes, Nate, that is the coolest Walgreen's! That's one of the things I've noticed about downtown New Orleans is that there seemed to be quite a few Walgreen's stores down in that area alone. I remember in Chicago, every time you'd turn a corner there would be another Walgreen's... and no, I wasn't going around in circles! :D

Yes, Nate, that is the coolest Walgreen's! That's one of the things I've noticed about downtown New Orleans is that there seemed to be quite a few Walgreen's stores down in that area alone.

Yea you'll find a lot of Wallgreens' around New Orleans and around the area. They're very visible in Greater New Orleans.

I remember in Chicago, every time you'd turn a corner there would be another Walgreen's... and no, I wasn't going around in circles! :D

:lol:

Here's my contribution to this thread for today.

While this photo technically is related to the SBC metro area, I figured other people in Louisiana might get a kick out of this. And FYI, according to my wife, this sign is 100% accurate. She's had personal dealings recently with the person mentioned and agrees fully with this sign.

I snapped this photo earlier this evening as we left the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Minden:

154781082.jpg

^That's priceless. :lol: Great shot.

What's wrong with Minden's current mayor?

He's crooked. He takes advantage of the fact that he's in a small town and is a redneck. I think he's black (I've never met him so I'm not certain) but he's still a redneck. He's using the power of expropriation to take the property of a family who lives just outside of the Minden Airport. The airport is trying to expand, and there is plenty of room in the other direction but it would cost a bit more to build on. Instead, he's trying to force these people to sell their land when there is no real reason for that. I can't discuss my wife's involvement in the case, but I will say that she comes home with new information about this man every few weeks.

He's crooked. He takes advantage of the fact that he's in a small town and is a redneck. I think he's black (I've never met him so I'm not certain) but he's still a redneck. He's using the power of expropriation to take the property of a family who lives just outside of the Minden Airport. The airport is trying to expand, and there is plenty of room in the other direction but it would cost a bit more to build on. Instead, he's trying to force these people to sell their land when there is no real reason for that. I can't discuss my wife's involvement in the case, but I will say that she comes home with new information about this man every few weeks.

You really hate to see that. I'm oviously not from there, but I'm very familiar with crooked and corrupt mayor's. I hope they're able to do something with that guy.

That is cool! :thumbsup: I'd love to see it lit up at night!

All of y'all's pictures are great. I really hope to make it down that way some day. Until then I'll vacation on Urban Planet's photo of the day threads. :lol:

Thanks GvillSC! :D

I'm hoping to make it up to Greenville sometime soon as well. A friend of mine left New Orleans and stayed up there for around 3 1/2 weeks after Katrina, and he loved it. It looks like a beautiful city and I've only heard good things about it. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

The Poydras Street you mentioned, is that a word along the lines of Lagniappe?

If you're talking about the word "Poydras" itself, I don't think so. I've never thought more about it than a major downtown road which is lined with most of the city's business high-rises. But I'm kind of curious now too, so I'll look into it. :thumbsup:

Awesome, Brian! :thumbsup: I was curious, so I copied that image to Paint, and inverted the colors. The end result was pretty cool, but I cut out the purple trees and left the skyline, which I thought looked pretty cool. That daytime image ended up being converted into a nightime image: :D

shreveportskylineinverted4cc.png

Awesome, Brian! :thumbsup: I was curious, so I copied that image to Paint, and inverted the colors. The end result was pretty cool, but I cut out the purple trees and left the skyline, which I thought looked pretty cool. That daytime image ended up being converted into a nightime image: :D

shreveportskylineinverted4cc.png

:lol: @ purple trees!!!!

That looks awesome, although I think it would be interesting to see with purple trees. :lol:

Edited by SBCmetroguy