Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Hey guy's I was wonderng if you can give me another opinion on something. The last picture I posted was a black and white view of a building being demolished on Canal, but I also have a color view. For this particular picture, which one do you like better?

img1066custom8ks.jpg

While I usually prefer color overall I do happen to like B&W for urban decay. In this case I'd probably pick B&W.

Same here. For normal city shots I normally prefer color, but I prefer B&W for this one, and most urban decay shots.

Well Brian, your instructions on how to make borders around your photos worked! :yahoo: Thanks for the help man! Also, after I finally figured out how to download Arcsoft PhotoStudio, which came with my Canon 6 months ago, I now can put in borders on that program too. Here's what I came up with for two photos:

img2359edited8oe.jpg

img1057modified3lv.jpg

Though as you can see, I'm still trying to get the copyright symbol in there.

NCB, those photos are amazing! I like the idea of borders, it really adds personalization to 'em. Very nice! :D

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I like having borders around them too. On the right photos, I think borders can make the photo even better in some ways.

Well Brian, your instructions on how to make borders around your photos worked! :yahoo: Thanks for the help man! Also, after I finally figured out how to download Arcsoft PhotoStudio, which came with my Canon 6 months ago, I now can put in borders on that program too. Here's what I came up with for two photos:

Hmmm...to be honest I haven't really tried out the Arcsoft PhotoStudio software that came with my camera. Maybe I need to check it out more.

Hmmm...to be honest I haven't really tried out the Arcsoft PhotoStudio software that came with my camera. Maybe I need to check it out more.

Definately check it out! You need to read the included software manuel for info on installing PhotoStudio, as it is different from the rest of the software. But with my experiences with it so far, it's an easy to use, scaled down version of photoshop. Plenty of photo editing options, and it's very easy to get the hang of everything.

Here is a picture of the walkway between the back of Cafe Du Monde and the shops along Decatur Street and the floodwall below the levee. This photo looks much better in its original size, as it lost quite a bit of quality when I had to resize it. The same goes for many of my other large photos.

IMG_1045edited.jpg

.images snipped for reply.

Cool, Nate, I'm glad that worked for you. And the fact that you have your name information in the border works out very well. I like the dropshadow in the second one... very cool.

Search online for help with adding the copyright symbol. I found a tutorial recently but it didn't work for me. Surely there are other ways, and there's got to be a website that tells how to do it.

Cool, Nate, I'm glad that worked for you. And the fact that you have your name information in the border works out very well. I like the dropshadow in the second one... very cool.

Search online for help with adding the copyright symbol. I found a tutorial recently but it didn't work for me. Surely there are other ways, and there's got to be a website that tells how to do it.

Thanks!

I also just figured out one way to put in the copyrigt symbol. I just inserted it into my "NCB Photography" label in Microsoft Word, and then copy and pasted it into the text box in PhotoStudio, and I ended up with this:

img1045edited8fh.jpg

Trolly Cars in N.O.

Picture was taken by JVM @ Smugmug.com

34370324-M-3.jpg

Cool photo. You normally don't see pictures of the Riverfront streetcars like that.

Very cool view of the cars. Most photos only show one car at a time. I count three in that photo.

Here's my contribution for today...

Downtown Shreveport from the air, courtesy of Hoya99 on Flickr.

92296101_35cf8711ac.jpg

Wow, what a great shot! From that angle though, it looks like Shreveport has quite a few street level parking lots. Hopefully some of those could be turned into developments in the near future. :thumbsup:

Wow, what a great shot! From that angle though, it looks like Shreveport has quite a few street level parking lots. Hopefully some of those could be turned into developments in the near future. :thumbsup:

It does. :angry:

Too many older buildings have been leveled for parking lots. I'd much rather see a parking deck or something useful.

Awesome aerial pic. The AMSouth Bank Tower looks cool ! Don't worry Brian, many cities have the same problem with all those bland parking lots. The idiots around BR almost tore down the Old State Captol for stinkin' parking lots. Thankfully level heads prevailed, and now it looks better than ever.

It does. :angry:

Too many older buildings have been leveled for parking lots. I'd much rather see a parking deck or something useful.

You hate to see that happen. That's one thing I've always thought New Orleans did a pretty good job with. With all of its problems, it does a pretty good job of keeping its historic buildings, instead of leveling them for parking lots and things like that. But like Richy said, many Southern cities have the same problem with street level lots.

The idiots around BR almost tore down the Old State Captol for stinkin' parking lots.

:blink: Are you serious!? Who in the hell was backing that idea?

:blink: Are you serious!? Who in the hell was backing that idea?

That was my thought exactly, after I read what Richy said...

Yeah that is a great aerial shot. Wish I could get some shots like that. :D

You should check out Hoya99's Flickr page. He has quite a few aerial shots like that, obviously taken throughout his airplane travels.