Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

There you go, that's a pretty nice looking pic Nate. :D

Thanks Rod! :D

I think I'm slowly starting to get more aquainted with all of the settings with things like ISO speed, aperature, shutter speed, exposure, etc. I felt much more comforatable with the camera and all of the settings today.

Thanks Rod! :D

I think I'm slowly starting to get more aquainted with all of the settings with things like ISO speed, aperature, shutter speed, exposure, etc. I felt much more comforatable with the camera and all of the settings today.

Cool, glad you're finally getting a feel for the camera. I guess I had an advantage in that the previous camera I had was also a Canon. So I think it wasn't as hard for me to get used to the camera we have now.

^I just wanted to let you know that I just got my wide angle lens and adapter/hood kit, and so far, I'm happy with it. Though tommorow is when I'll get to test it out. I'm going to spend tommorow morning taking pictures around downtown Covington, which is something I realized today that I had never done.

^I just wanted to let you know that I just got my wide angle lens and adapter/hood kit, and so far, I'm happy with it. Though tommorow is when I'll get to test it out. I'm going to spend tommorow morning taking pictures around downtown Covington, which is something I realized today that I had never done.

Cool, I think I might have mentioned this before but remember that you can only zoom in so far before the shot gets blurry with the wide angle. Of course if you're wanting to zoom all the way on something that's not what a wide angle is for. But I have noticed I'll have to change back and forth a lot when I'm out taking pics.

Cool, I think I might have mentioned this before but remember that you can only zoom in so far before the shot gets blurry with the wide angle. Of course if you're wanting to zoom all the way on something that's not what a wide angle is for. But I have noticed I'll have to change back and forth a lot when I'm out taking pics.

Yea I started to notice this when I was just zooming in and out to see the effects. Though like you said, if I have the wide angle on I won't be using it to zoom for the most part, so that doesn't bother me at all.

Yea I started to notice this when I was just zooming in and out to see the effects. Though like you said, if I have the wide angle on I won't be using it to zoom in for the most part, so that doesn't bother me at all.

You can still zoom in, but you will have problems if you try zooming all the way. I usually just try to keep it down to less than about halfway.

You can still zoom in, but you will have problems if you try zooming all the way. I usually just try to keep it down to less than about halfway.

Anything past halfway seemed to get pretty blurry when zooming in. The most I needed to zoom in on some of my test pictures today was maybe 1/4 of the way, and it looked alright.

Anything past halfway seemed to get pretty blurry when zooming in. The most I needed to zoom in on some of my test pictures today was maybe 1/4 of the way, and it looked alright.

I have gotten some weird effects with it. You can get it to where it seems like it's blurry on the edges but somewhat clear in the center. Leave it to me to find different effects without using software to edit photos. :lol:

My only complaint is that I wish it were a little bit bigger. :D

I like bigger photos too, but if I have the S2 set on anything bigger than 640x480, I have to resize the photos, and I always lose alot of quality in the photos.

Another one of those "old to new" shots from the French Quarter :D

img23836hu.jpg

I didn't notice before, but the car going down the street in that photo is a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Yeah, I know this, because I love the Sonata. The only thing is, I wanted the 2004 or 2005 model with the Jaguar-style headlights, so I ended up buying a 2004 model last year. Yeah, it gets 19 miles per gallon in the city and not much better than that on the highway... and considering my commute is 50 miles per day, you can imagine how bad that sucks. The '06 model gets over 30 miles per gallon, city and highway. :angry: Yeah it makes me mad that they changed it for the '06 models and couldn't have done that in '04 and '05.

The only thing is, I wanted the 2004 or 2005 model with the Jaguar-style headlights, so I ended up buying a 2004 model last year. Yeah, it gets 19 miles per gallon in the city and not much better than that on the highway... and considering my commute is 50 miles per day, you can imagine how bad that sucks. The '06 model gets over 30 miles per gallon, city and highway. :angry: Yeah it makes me mad that they changed it for the '06 models and couldn't have done that in '04 and '05.

But you know, from my perspective, that's pretty funny! ;)

All off-topic posts moved

Really? Looks like they're still here to me.

Ok guys, how about some pictures in this thread! ;)

10 points to the first person who can tell me what street this is. (Hint: It's somewhere in the state of Louisiana)

img23776go.jpg

Well I really don't know too many streets, I'll take a wild guess with the one I've heard the most, Bourbon St.

Really? Looks like they're still here to me.

Well I really don't know too many streets, I'll take a wild guess with the one I've heard the most, Bourbon St.

Oops, looks like I forgot a few. And you got it Rod! You get the points, and even though the points aren't even real and have no effect or purpose whatsoever, you should be very happy! :P