Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

That's what I've always tried to do, it's part of my job as moderator. We don't have many problems in here in terms of discipline that I have to deal with, but as moderator for the forum I want to keep topics and discussion alive, and keep the forum moving forward. :thumbsup:

Of course. :D

By the way, Nate, I finally bought a 1 gig memory stick just this weekend. I also picked out a camera I hope to get from my wife for Christmas... the mid-range Canon DSLR. It's about $1200 at Best Buy, and then I need a decent memory card and a tripod at the minimum. I want to do it right this time and have a tripod and decent memory card from the beginning.

By the way, Nate, I finally bought a 1 gig memory stick just this weekend. I also picked out a camera I hope to get from my wife for Christmas... the mid-range Canon DSLR. It's about $1200 at Best Buy, and then I need a decent memory card and a tripod at the minimum. I want to do it right this time and have a tripod and decent memory card from the beginning.

Great! I hope you're able to pick it up! And trust me man, that 1GB memory card will last you awhile, even with your photos on the largest possible size. :thumbsup:

Great! I hope you're able to pick it up! And trust me man, that 1GB memory card will last you awhile, even with your photos on the largest possible size. :thumbsup:

383 photos as opposed to 96 on my current stick. plus 24 on the standard stick that came with the camera. That's 503 total, so I'm SO ready for Chicago.

But the biggest deal for me is getting that camera. I'm ready for that baby NOW.

383 photos as opposed to 96 on my current stick. plus 24 on the standard stick that came with the camera. That's 503 total, so I'm SO ready for Chicago.

But the biggest deal for me is getting that camera. I'm ready for that baby NOW.

Chicago? Wow! That's awesome! :thumbsup:

If you have to wait till Christmas, or even a shorter period, I recommend reading up on the camera as much as possible. That way, when you get it, you'll be much more familiar with it and all of its settings and features.

Well guys, I was running out of good New Orleans photos to post anyway, but I now have only a few more good photos to post from NOLA in this thread. But I do have some photos(mostly un-urban) from Louisiana from my recent trip to D.C. Here's one of them:

Heading into a Louisiana sunset

IMG_6371border.jpg

Chicago? Wow! That's awesome! :thumbsup:

If you have to wait till Christmas, or even a shorter period, I recommend reading up on the camera as much as possible. That way, when you get it, you'll be much more familiar with it and all of its settings and features.

Great idea, I think I will do that. I really want to know all about it so I can use it as soon as I get it.

Yes, Chicago... I'll be going up there in September.

The New England trip is off now, since my wife left her firm for a new one.

Great idea, I think I will do that. I really want to know all about it so I can use it as soon as I get it.

I recommend dcresource.com for some very detailed camera reviews, including test shots, comparison shots, feature comparisons, and basically anything you need to know about nearly every camera. :thumbsup:

My contribution for today...

The building protruding from the center of this photo, with the vines growing all over it, is an abandoned parking garage that's falling apart. I just thought the place looked so ghostly and have always wanted to stop and photograph it. This is located just south of downtown Shreveport, near Fairfield Avenue and the KSLA TV studios.

160284357.jpg

Believe it or not, this is a house in Shreveport. It's not every day you see a house with a mural painted on it, but this house definitely has it. There is more on the other side but I didn't want to try and get that shot and have the people wondering why I was taking a photo of their house. This home is a lakefront property on Cross Lake.

157628935.jpg

That house is awesome! I wish there were more of that Bavarian/German style of architecture here. The mural is very nice. I was stationed in Germany and it looks very much like something you'd see in Bavaria.

Another interesting example of Bavarian architecture is the old firestation on Line Avenue in the Highland (South Highlands?) neighborhood. Very nice structure.

That house is awesome! I wish there were more of that Bavarian/German style of architecture here. The mural is very nice. I was stationed in Germany and it looks very much like something you'd see in Bavaria.

Another interesting example of Bavarian architecture is the old firestation on Line Avenue in the Highland (South Highlands?) neighborhood. Very nice structure.

Oh yes, this fire station. :D

I took this photo a couple months back...

142289716.jpg

Awesome shots guys!

That WWII monument in DC sure is something eh, NCB? When will we be seeing the rest of those pictures from your trip? :whistling::D

Thanks!

You'll be seeing some of my pictures soon, as soon as I figure out the best way to post them. :D There are so many from so many different places that it's hard to figure out if I should make different threads for different parts of the city or not. Oh and I have a few not so good skyline shots from Richmond, and plenty of pictures from around the entire state of Virginia to post soon too!

And yes, the WWII Veterans Memorial is amazing. I had never visited it before, and I was blown away. Just beautiful.

The following is Flag Lake at Barksdale AFB:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1459/5643...5/162111425.jpg

Historic Downtown Natchitoches late 2005:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1459/5643...5/162111422.jpg

Nice pictures, baffroom, and welcome to the forum! I've never actually been to downtown Natchitoches, but it looks great. Hoping to make it up there again in the next few months.