Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Nate, no worries, keep 'em comin man! Was this taken from the Wyndham garage? Just curious.

Hey man sorry about missing your post...

Yep, that was taken from the top of the Canal Place garage. It offers some fantastic views of the CBD, Quarter, and all the way over the Mississippi towards Chalmette.

^That looks great, IC! Very nice! :thumbsup:

The first picture I posted was a flower, and I know I've posted quite a few other nature photos one the forum. I love taking pictures of flowers, trees, and nature when I'm not in a particularly urban enviornment.

Here's something a little different...

A Rainbow Macaw in the "Amazon Rainforest Exhibit" in the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans:

img3777border7bb.jpg

BTW guys, be on the lookout for a thread full of pictures from the inside of the Aquarium of the Americas, one of the top rated aquariums in the world. :thumbsup:

Haha, nice title and photo, NCB :D I love the Macaw one too, I was looking forward to visiting the aquarium down there. Ive heard a lot about it. Im pretty big on my aquariums. Been to Baltimores and I hope to go to Atlanta's, y'alls, and Monterey Bay's out in CA. When, Im not sure, but it's on my list :D

^ :lol: That looks great, Brian!

Haha, nice title and photo, NCB :D I love the Macaw one too, I was looking forward to visiting the aquarium down there. Ive heard a lot about it. Im pretty big on my aquariums. Been to Baltimores and I hope to go to Atlanta's, y'alls, and Monterey Bay's out in CA. When, Im not sure, but it's on my list :D

Thanks! I hope you'll be able to make it down here soon. You can plan a week long trip to New Orleans, and still not have nearly enough time to do and see everything New Orleans has to offer. I have a feeling you'll like my fine city! :thumbsup:

Where do I begin ? Nice nature shot Nate and the Macaw was cool too. I really hope to make it to the aquarium. Do you know how many exibits are up and running there ?

Thanks, Richy! Every exhibit is up and running at the Aquarium. The Carribean, Mississippi River, Amazon, Gulf of Mexico, and all of the other exhibits are better than ever. You should definately check it out if you can! :thumbsup:

Well guys, this will be my last "Louisiana Photo of the Day" for awhile, as starting tommorow, I'll be on my trip up to Washington D.C. I believe I'll be back sometime around the 27th, but I'm still not completely sure. I know I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do on the forum! :D

Here's a street level shot of New Orleans' second tallest high-rise, Bank One Center, or now I believe it has officially been renamed "Chase Center."

img3506border3kq.jpg

Awesome photo, NCB! One of my favorite buildings in New Orleans :D

Have a great time on your trip! Enjoy the Mid Atlantic and be sure to take lots of pictures :D DC is an awesome place, is this your first time being there? Anyways, have fun, youll be missed!

Awesome photo, NCB! One of my favorite buildings in New Orleans :D

Have a great time on your trip! Enjoy the Mid Atlantic and be sure to take lots of pictures :D DC is an awesome place, is this your first time being there? Anyways, have fun, youll be missed!

Thanks! It's prabably my favorite skyscraper in New Orleans too.

I'm really looking forward to my trip up to D.C. I've been many many times, but I haven't been up there in 5-6 years. Normally I have flown, so driving will be a big difference. But I'm very excited about being able to spend some time in Chattanooga and Roanoke for the first time, as well as spending some time in Charlotte and Montomery, AL. I'll also be driving through Birmingham, Knoxville, Richmond, and Atlanta, so I'm hoping for some good skyline shots from the interstate. :thumbsup: Expect lots and lots of pics!

Thanks! It's prabably my favorite skyscraper in New Orleans too.

I'm really looking forward to my trip up to D.C. I've been many many times, but I haven't been up there in 5-6 years. Normally I have flown, so driving will be a big difference. But I'm very excited about being able to spend some time in Chattanooga and Roanoke for the first time, as well as spending some time in Charlotte and Montomery, AL. I'll also be driving through Birmingham, Knoxville, Richmond, and Atlanta, so I'm hoping for some good skyline shots from the interstate. :thumbsup: Expect lots and lots of pics!

Hope you have a great time in DC, NCB. I sure did the last time I was up there.

I'd like to go again sometime now that I have a good camera.

Oh, and great work on that pic of Bank One Center. :) I love the way you got the light shining off of it.

Kind of reminds me of this shot that I took.

Well guys, this will be my last "Louisiana Photo of the Day" for awhile, as starting tommorow, I'll be on my trip up to Washington D.C. I believe I'll be back sometime around the 27th, but I'm still not completely sure. I know I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do on the forum! :D

Here's a street level shot of New Orleans' second tallest high-rise, Bank One Center, or now I believe it has officially been renamed "Chase Center."

img3506border3kq.jpg

Oops, I missed this one. Really nice shot Nate. :thumbsup: