Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Oops, looks like I forgot a few. And you got it Rod! You get the points, and even though the points aren't even real and have no effect or purpose whatsoever, you should be very happy! :P

Good thing I've just sat around waiting for new posts. :lol: If it was another street I'd be out of luck. Although I think I might know a couple more.

I got some shots around the city this weekend, and it looks like most of these are going to turn out to be the best shots I've gotten yet. Once I've gone through them all, I'll try to get them uploaded and post some of the better ones.

Nate - in response to your Hummer limo photo, I was going to take a photo of a type of limo I'd never seen before... a Chrysler 300 limo, but I'd have had to get on private property to get the angle I wanted and I didn't want to have to answer to the owner of the limo so I didn't mess with it. It was sweet, though. I love the Chrysler 300... one of the few American cars I would gladly drop $30,000 on.

I got some shots around the city this weekend, and it looks like most of these are going to turn out to be the best shots I've gotten yet. Once I've gone through them all, I'll try to get them uploaded and post some of the better ones.

Looking forward to them, Brian! :D

BTW, I really like the Chrysler 300's too, and I've never seen one as a limo. That must look pretty cool.

Here's a good Photo of the Day for today. When I was downtown taking pictures this weekend, I came across this building where obviously some kids from Haughton decided to stake claim to a building downtown in the form of graffiti:

151232455.jpg

At least I assume they were from Haughton... you be the judge. ;)

Is Haughton close to there?

Haughton is where I live, about 15 miles east of downtown. It's not the kind of town whose name you'd expect to see written in graffiti downtown. It's an old country town that's beginning to change into more of a suburban area with newer subdivisions finally being built out here. That and the relatively low cost of housing (compared to Shreveport and Bossier) are why I chose to buy there.

Thanks for sharing the photos, bluff! I like the second one most, because you can see more of the taller buildings. :)

I've been wondering for a while but haven't researched it... what is Spanish Town? Is it a neighborhood that was once a Spanish settlement, or is it currently a Spanish area? Thanks for any info.

Hope this helps Brian. Thanks for your interest.

The orgin of Spanish Town resulted from Spanish victory over the British troops at the Fort of Baton Rouge on Sept. 21st, 1779.

http://www.fhl.org/preservation/historicdi...htown/index.htm

VERY cool, thanks for that info. I'll have to check out the link tomorrow on my work computer.

By the way... I just ordered a new Dell for home and I'm SO excited! I got the thing totally loaded with all the memory I'll need to run the full version of AutoCAD and run any photo manipulation software I can load on that bad boy. It's a totally decked-out computer with a 19-inch flat panel monitor. SWEET! I've been waiting to do this for some time now. That new camera will have to wait, but this was needed more than that anyway. This is actually twice as good as my computer at work, and my computer at work is awesome. I should have this bad boy within 2 weeks.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I spent the entire day in New Orleans yesterday, and I'm going to have plenty of pictures to post, once I go through all 900 of them. :D

When do you not spend the entire day in New Orleans? It seems to me that you're always over there. Don't get me wrong, I would be, too, if I lived so close! :D

Bring 'em on, Nate!

When do you not spend the entire day in New Orleans? It seems to me that you're always over there. Don't get me wrong, I would be, too, if I lived so close! :D

Bring 'em on, Nate!

Yea, I'm there all the time, but this was different. I went in at 6 in the morning, had a nice breakfast of beignets and an iced cafe au lait, sat out on the levee and just watched the river flow by, walked around the French Quarter in the early morning, and then headed into downtown among the heavy traffic of cars and people, both tourists and workers, in the middle of the day. I went to the aquarium, which was just a great experience. Walked back over to the quarter and bought myself a whole muffuletta from Central Grocery, and then headed home. It was more of a day to just relax and enjoy the city. Most of the time, I'm just trying to get out of traffic as fast as I can. Yesterday was more of a care-free day. Honestly, one of my favorite parts of yesterday was that I didn't hear the words "hurricane" "Katrina" or "levee" once. I've gotten so tired of hearing about levee's and hurricane's at every turn. That was nice.

The very dirty SBCmetro ride parked in downtown Shreveport and needing to be washed very badly.

151182868.jpg

Cool picture, Brian! I haven't really been on the forum in the last two days, so I'll have some catching up to do with photos and discussion around the forum.

BTW, nice looking car! :D

Yea, I'm there all the time, but this was different. I went in at 6 in the morning, had a nice breakfast of beignets and an iced cafe au lait, sat out on the levee and just watched the river flow by, walked around the French Quarter in the early morning, and then headed into downtown among the heavy traffic of cars and people, both tourists and workers, in the middle of the day. I went to the aquarium, which was just a great experience. Walked back over to the quarter and bought myself a whole muffuletta from Central Grocery, and then headed home. It was more of a day to just relax and enjoy the city. Most of the time, I'm just trying to get out of traffic as fast as I can. Yesterday was more of a care-free day. Honestly, one of my favorite parts of yesterday was that I didn't hear the words "hurricane" "Katrina" or "levee" once. I've gotten so tired of hearing about levee's and hurricane's at every turn. That was nice.

Dude, I don't even live down there and I'm tired of hearing about that crap. I'm ready for everything just to get back to normal. Luckily you felt a sense of normalcy while you were down there and were able to enjoy yourself. Sounds like a great time, man, and I'm jealous that I'd have to drive 6 hours just to do what you did. :)

Rod: Thanks! I like the buildings over in that part of downtown too. You really can't see it, but there's a 1-story building barely peeking into the photo on the left side. That's the Arl-La-Tex Antique & Classic Vehicle Museum. I haven't been in there but I hear it's a real treat.

Nate: Thanks about the photo and the car. I love the car with one exception: the gas mileage.

Hey Brian, does this shot look familiar? :D

IMG_3217.jpg

^I know it's bad quality, but I saw that view and had to snap a quick shot while I was moving. Also, the name of this street is Wilkinson Street. Not being able to name that street had been annoying me since you posted the original picture.

Hey Brian, does this shot look familiar? :D

IMG_3217.jpg

^I know it's bad quality, but I saw that view and had to snap a quick shot while I was moving. Also, the name of this street is Wilkinson Street. Not being able to name that street had been annoying me since you posted the original picture.

:lol: it's almost as blurry as mine was. I didn't really set up for my shot either, so I understand. Great photo, man!! :)