Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

^Yea, most of the CBD, the French Quarter, and many parts of Uptown look fine now. You would never know Katrina had even rolled through. Though you can't say the same for the 9th Ward, Lakeview, and especially Saint Bernard and Plaquemines Parish. Though as much as the natioal media loves to make the rebuilding look non-existent in New Orleans, progress is certainly being made.

Katrina who? :D

Believe me man, everyone around here tries to think this way. That's why doing things like having an early breakfast at Cafe du Monde and going to the Aquarium were so cool. It really brings back a sense of normalcy. And right now, walking around the French Quarter and downtown does the same for the most part. It's nice to see everyone out working or enjoying New Orleans as a tourist destination.

Believe me man, everyone around here tries to think this way. That's why doing things like having an early breakfast at Cafe du Monde and going to the Aquarium were so cool. It really brings back a sense of normalcy. And right now, walking around the French Quarter and downtown does the same for the most part. It's nice to see everyone out working or enjoying New Orleans as a tourist destination.

That's awesome, and that's the way it should be.

Here's my picture of the day...

Multicultural Center of the South, downtown Shreveport

I've also posted this as my SBC Photo of the Day in the SBC subforum.

151193263.jpg

Very cool. I like the tint on the building from the sun.

I still think your other Cathedral photo is perfect and can't be beat. Not even by you!

Thanks! I don't know, I think I like my photo from Wednesday a bit better than my photo from the French Quarter Fest. Though I'm very proud of both of them. :D

Wednesday:

img3234border1nf.jpg

French Quarter Fest:

img2422border6li.jpg

Then again, I really have no idea which one I like better. :lol:

What does a wide-angle lens do for you, Nate? Just curious.

In that photo, I had the camera turned vertically. Without the wide angle lens, I wouldn't have been able to have that much of the lamp post, along with the river and skyline in the photo.

Here's another shot you wouldn't be able to get without a wide angle lens:

img3212border2qq.jpg

I'll look for any photos I took of the same building or view, with and without a wide angle lens to show you an exact comparison.

In that photo, I had the camera turned vertically. Without the wide angle lens, I wouldn't have been able to have that much of the lamp post, along with the river and skyline in the photo.

Here's another shot you wouldn't be able to get without a wide angle lens:

img3212border2qq.jpg

I'll look for any photos I took of the same building or view, with and without a wide angle lens to show you an exact comparison.

Oh, I understand now!! But if you can show the examples you've mentioned I would appreciate that.

Thanks! I don't know, I think I like my photo from Wednesday a bit better than my photo from the French Quarter Fest. Though I'm very proud of both of them. :D

Wednesday:

img3234border1nf.jpg

French Quarter Fest:

img2422border6li.jpg

Then again, I really have no idea which one I like better. :lol:

I like the top one better. I like that angle better, you can see a little bit more of it. The second one is great too. It looks more white and you have the reflection of the sun off the roof and has some interesting shadows.

This was a shot that I experimented with using my new wide angle lens, which I love.

IMG_3306border.jpg

Glad you're liking the wide angle Nate. Nice looking shot by the way.

Oh, I understand now!! But if you can show the examples you've mentioned I would appreciate that.

Yeah Nate try taking a shot with and then without the wide angle from the same spot to show Brian. I took some pics as examples for Nate when I first got mine. But those posts are probably lost way back in some topic now.

Edited by Mith242

Thanks for the comments Rod! And I'm going to do a few comparison photos with and without the wide angle lens as soon as I can. BTW, I've got a new French Quarter thread up in the Photos section, and I should have a downtown thread up soon.

Nice looking pics Nate. I also like the reflection of the sun in the one. I like to play around with the light as well in a lot of my pics.

I've always liked pictures using the sun's glare off of skyscrapers, and Wednesday was really my first opportunity to get out and try to capture some of those pictures myself.