Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

I resent that... I work weekends and worse I work 3rd shift! :blink:

Juat tell Matt you hope we get a blizzard on a weekday then. :lol: I'm wondering what's going to happen because I'm supposed to be having an old friend that now lives out of state in to visit this weekend. But it's hard to say what will happen with the snow. Maybe we'll end up just getting flurries, although the weatherman seems rather confident about the snow this time.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In LR people are making runs on stores for supplies, food, what nots, because of predicted freezing rain in the area. It was all they were talking about on the talk radio shows... fortunately, I'm back up here in Fayetteville for the weekend. At about 6 pm when I got to Ozark, it went from humid and maybe 60's to very cold in a hurry. Like hitting a wall of cold air.

In LR people are making runs on stores for supplies, food, what nots, because of predicted freezing rain in the area. It was all they were talking about on the talk radio shows... fortunately, I'm back up here in Fayetteville for the weekend. At about 6 pm when I got to Ozark, it went from humid and maybe 60's to very cold in a hurry. Like hitting a wall of cold air.

Yeah some of my family near Pine Bluff also mentioned the chance of freezing rain. It was really weird to see the temps drop like that. I think we dropped from 75 to 35 in around 4 hours.

Good ole Arctic Fronts, you have got to love them. Bring on the snow!!

Good ole Arctic Fronts, you have got to love them. Bring on the snow!!

Yeah I wasn't going to say anything but I am still wanting to get some nice snow pics around the city. I'm not about to get my hopes up just yet though. I seem to recall how the past snow chances have gone so far.

Looks like east Fayetteville got about 3" of snow... not too shabby

From what I'm hearing and seeing I'd say closer to 4". Although I've actually seen some drifts closer to 5-6". Finally got some snow pics although it's a bit hard to get around in such a hilly city with the ice and snow. :D

Congratulations MasonsDad on achieving 500 Posts!!!!

Yeah congrats. :D I missed that one while I was away over the weekend.

I think we got another quarter to half inch of snow and sleet on sunday but it looks like Benton County had precip quite a bit of the day compared to us down here. How much did you guys get just from sunday? I thought I'd heard something about another inch.

We got about half an inch of sleet where I live on Sunday.

From the way the radar looked most of the day I would have expected more than that including some snow. I think we got half snow half sleet down here for the part of the day we got precip. But I think the bigger thing was the temps. Fayetteville barely got out of the teens. I think I saw Harrison only had a high of 15 yesterday.

Hard to believe a little over a week ago it we were having a high around 20 and snow. Around 70 today, mid 70's tomorrow and possible 80's on Wednesday.

It couldn't happen sooner! I took my family for a walk through downtown Bentonville and Compton Gardens today. It was great... now we just need some green and it'll be perfect. My wife kept commenting that Compton Gardens would be nicer if there was something to look at other than brown leaves and little signs everywhere that named a plant that couldn't even be seen. I can't wait to check it out in the Spring.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the NWA forum but has anyone noticed monsoon passed the 10,000 mark? He's now listed as a megalopolis and has a purple square instead of the red stars.

That is awesome... congrats monsoon!!! I've calculated that at my pace I should catch up to him in about 30 years! :D

Congrats to Mith for achieving 3 stars.

Congrats to Marc as well on 10,000 Posts!!!

Thanks Matt. For a while I thought I might hit this a little sooner. But I've slowed down a bit and we hit an occasional slow period over here as well. Now I'm seeing if I can manage to pass up one of the global moderators in the next week or two. :D

Sorry if this sounds like bragging but I already managed to pass up one of the global moderators. :D That happened a little faster than I thought. Of course I'm not too far ahead and he could pass me back up pretty easily. But anyway I'm pretty happy I actually caught up to a global moderator. :D