Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

Guess I'll go ahead and mention this now. I'm going on vacation later this week and will be gone for about a week and a half or so. I don't leave till Friday but there's a chance I may not be on much later on in the week as it gets closer and I have more things to do to get ready for it. I don't think I'll have any urban pics to post. I'm only spending half of a day near Albuquerque before I head out to southern Utah to see how many National Parks I can hit.

If going to southern Utah, I would recommend Arches and Canyonlands NP. Both are very beautiful and near the town of Moab. Don't be afraid to see a whole bunch of Europeans though.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If going to southern Utah, I would recommend Arches and Canyonlands NP. Both are very beautiful and near the town of Moab. Don't be afraid to see a whole bunch of Europeans though.

I went to Canyonlands a couple of years ago. Don't think I'll be heading to Arches although I do want to visit sometime. I suppose I could try to skim through them all and hit them all but I think I'd really like to explore them a little more. I'm also not sure I'll have time to hit Zion either. There's so many nice sounding National Monuments and state parks along the way between all of the Natl Parks. But yeah I do remember seeing some Europeans around Canyonlands. But I saw a lot more at Monument Valley which was also part of my trip a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Mith posted this question a while back and I thought I'd ask it again. What was the latest movie you've seen in a theater?

I took my family to see Superman Returns yesterday and my son loved the action scenes. He just turned 2 and it was his first time to a movie theater. Anyway, Superman Returns is a sequel to the original Superman series starring Christopher Reeve. It's not a remake at all. Everything from the music score to the title effects are based on the original series. They couldn't have found a better actor to play Superman and there were several times during the movie that I forgot it wasn't Christopher Reeve on the screen. Kevin Spacey is a great Lex Luthor and had the comic mischief of Gene Hackman's Lex, but Kevin's was much more sinister and violent. I never thought to be as pleased with a sequel, especially considering none of the original actors are in it. It's a must see film! I can't wait for the next one!!!

BTW... they showed the trailer for Spiderman 3 and it looks like it's going to be the best one of the series. :D

Mith posted this question a while back and I thought I'd ask it again. What was the latest movie you've seen in a theater?

I took my family to see Superman Returns yesterday and my son loved the action scenes. He just turned 2 and it was his first time to a movie theater. Anyway, Superman Returns is a sequel to the original Superman series starring Christopher Reeve. It's not a remake at all. Everything from the music score to the title effects are based on the original series. They couldn't have found a better actor to play Superman and there were several times during the movie that I forgot it wasn't Christopher Reeve on the screen. Kevin Spacey is a great Lex Luthor and had the comic mischief of Gene Hackman's Lex, but Kevin's was much more sinister and violent. I never thought to be as pleased with a sequel, especially considering none of the original actors are in it. It's a must see film! I can't wait for the next one!!!

BTW... they showed the trailer for Spiderman 3 and it looks like it's going to be the best one of the series. :D

It's been so long since I've been to a theater. I'm not sure why I just seem to never go anymore. I guess it might help if we had a better theater here in Fayetteville. I don't think I've seen a movie in the theater since the last Lord of the Rings movie. :lol:

It's been soo long since you've been on here Mith, how was your trip?

Tell me about it. Wow, I'm certainly pleasantly surprised to see how busy it's been. Half the second page is new stuff as well. The trip wasn't too bad. Hit a few snags along the way. But it was nice to get away from work. :D

Yes, we've had so much to talk about in the past week and a half, although not all of it was nice development chat.

Guess I'll eventually find out what you're referring to. It will take me a while to read up on all of these new posts.

Welcome back Mith! The forum has been busy but it takes on a more somber mood when you're not here. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Still looks like there was a number development related news while I was gone. I don't think hardly anything happened when Matt was on vacation. :lol: Overall it was a nice vacation. Not everything worked out to plan, but I guess you have to sorta expect that.

Still looks like there was a number development related news while I was gone. I don't think hardly anything happened when Matt was on vacation. :lol: Overall it was a nice vacation. Not everything worked out to plan, but I guess you have to sorta expect that.

Did you visit the National Parks that you wanted to? I know that itineraries can get messed up pretty easy especially when they're simple enough.

Did you visit the National Parks that you wanted to? I know that itineraries can get messed up pretty easy especially when they're simple enough.

Aside from just so many things to see, the biggest problem ended up being forest fires. There's only one road to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Which of course is surrounded by Natl Forest. So I didn't get to go there. The western part of Zion was also closed. But the rest of it was open so that turned out okay. But I still managed to hit quite a few areas. 4 Natl Parks, 2 Natl Monuments, 1 Natl Rec Area, 1 State Park and 1 Tribal Park.

Which one's did you go to?

Let's see; Monument Valley Tribal Park, Goosenecks of the San Juan State Park, Lake Powell Natl Rec Area, Capitol Reef Natl Park, Grand Staircase - Escalante Natl Monument, Bryce Canyon Natl Park, Cedar Breaks Natl Monument, Zion Natl Park, and Petrified Forest/Painted Desert Natl Park.

Looks like maybe I hit the Natl Parks at the right time. Sounds like they are considering charging to take pics at the parks. It seems to be focused more at professionals but it could end up affecting amateurs as well. Not sure how they would differentiate between the two.

Looks like maybe I hit the Natl Parks at the right time. Sounds like they are considering charging to take pics at the parks. It seems to be focused more at professionals but it could end up affecting amateurs as well. Not sure how they would differentiate between the two.

They'l' probably just look at the quality of the pictures people take, so be prepared to start paying Mith! :D

Yeah to be honest I haven't figured that out either. Perhaps they'd plan on doing some random searches when people leave. Like they occassionally do now to make sure you aren't stealing rocks and artifacts and such. The report I heard also made it sound like they would start charging professionals possibly up to several hundred dollars. I'm also wondering how'd they would be able to differentiate.

Yeah to be honest I haven't figured that out either. Perhaps they'd plan on doing some random searches when people leave. Like they occassionally do now to make sure you aren't stealing rocks and artifacts and such. The report I heard also made it sound like they would start charging professionals possibly up to several hundred dollars. I'm also wondering how'd they would be able to differentiate.

Wow, I've never been stopped by a Ranger for stealing rocks or artifacts.

In fact, when I went into Carlsbad Caverns, the ranger didn't care if people took rocks, he just said they were cursed the Kilohua rocks! :lol:

Wow, I've never been stopped by a Ranger for stealing rocks or artifacts.

In fact, when I went into Carlsbad Caverns, the ranger didn't care if people took rocks, he just said they were cursed the Kilohua rocks! :lol:

I don't think they check very often but they do occassionally. When we stopped at the Petrified Forest Natl Park we were stopped before we went in and were asked how many rocks we had beforehand.

I finally have my internet working again. I was gone over a week for vacation then was back for about half a week before my internet went down. Took me a half a week to just get it up and running again. Feels like I've been gone a while. :lol:

Wish it was easier to tell where all the guests are. Sometimes you see quite a few on but it's a bit hard to tell where exactly they're at on the forum.

I saw 15 here just recently.

More than likely they were viewing the Minor League Baseball Threads, seeing as how were back down to 5 guests.