Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else been having problems with mosquitos? This is certainly one aspect of this area becoming more urban that I can't say I'm looking forward to. I used to be lucky if I even saw any mosquitos. Twice I've gown to Mt Sequoyah to take sunsets pics and had problems with mosquitos. I've been seeing them more around where I live too.

Has anyone else been having problems with mosquitos? This is certainly one aspect of this area becoming more urban that I can't say I'm looking forward to. I used to be lucky if I even saw any mosquitos. Twice I've gown to Mt Sequoyah to take sunsets pics and had problems with mosquitos. I've been seeing them more around where I live too.

It's all those people from Louisiana moving up here. They bring their mosquitos with them. :D

Actually I've only been bitten once so far. It was at sunset when I was fishing at our pond. I'm one of those people that have a neon sign above him that says "buffet" that seems to attract mosquitos like a magnet. My suggestion is to get a bottle of SkinSoSoft. It works great without the stink of mosquito repellant. Of course rolling around in mud seems to work but it tends to repel people too. :D

It's all those people from Louisiana moving up here. They bring their mosquitos with them. :D

Actually I've only been bitten once so far. It was at sunset when I was fishing at our pond. I'm one of those people that have a neon sign above him that says "buffet" that seems to attract mosquitos like a magnet. My suggestion is to get a bottle of SkinSoSoft. It works great without the stink of mosquito repellant. Of course rolling around in mud seems to work but it tends to repel people too. :D

They just seem rather bad down here around Fayetteville. It just seems odd because I've never had this problems before up here. I feel like I'm back in southeast Arkansas. I guess it's just the fact that as the metro keeps spreading out into nature there's less habitat for all the creatures that ate all the mosquitos.

Yes, I've been busy this past week at work.

Should be on quite a bit more though.

Nice to see so many active topics, it's been ages since it was like this.

I was hoping it was just work. I sent you a PM or two. I was hoping you weren't mad at me or something. :lol: But yes it is nice to see it get busy again.

I'll be in the Philippines May 31- June 20. I'll mostly be on beaches wind surfing, snorkeling, and the like....not really any of the major cities (maybe a short time in cebu city).

I'll take pics of what I can.

I posted some pictures of the skylines of Manila and Cebu City over here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...39entry444739

My uncle actually owns a skyscraper in Manila for his banking biz. He went to school in America as a fulbright scholar (an Arkansan senator!) to harvard. Small world.

Edited by johnnydr87

I'll be in the Philippines May 31- June 20. I'll mostly be on beaches wind surfing, snorkeling, and the like....not really any of the major cities (maybe a short time in cebu city).

I'll take pics of what I can.

I posted some pictures of the skylines of Manila and Cebu City over here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...39entry444739

My uncle actually owns a skyscraper in Manila for his banking biz. He went to school in America as a fulbright scholar (an Arkansan senator!) to harvard. Small world.

Cool, enjoy your trip Johnny. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess I'll go ahead and mention this now. I'm going on vacation later this week and will be gone for about a week and a half or so. I don't leave till Friday but there's a chance I may not be on much later on in the week as it gets closer and I have more things to do to get ready for it. I don't think I'll have any urban pics to post. I'm only spending half of a day near Albuquerque before I head out to southern Utah to see how many National Parks I can hit.