Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like snow is being mentioned now. The colder weather sounds like it's coming faster than predicted. There's also going to be some chances of snow from somewhere from Friday afternoon and Saturday. KNWA is still waiting before they give out more details. Katzfy did mention he though the better chances of snow would be south of us like Ft Smith. For now he said he wasn't expecting much accumulation but they were still looking into it and would keep us informed in the future. He better hurry because Friday isn't too far away. :lol: There apparently is a chance for flurries and light snow most of Saturday as things stand.

^

Congrats on your upgrade Mith!

As for the weather, all I know is it's too dang cold. All the snow will do is make Spring seem more heavenly when it gets here. :lol:

Sorry do disappoint everyone here but I'm wanting some snow. I'm wanting to take some snow pictures around Fayetteville. :lol:

Okay KNWA is reporting more snow to the south and east of us. Sounds like north central Arkansas with the largest amounts of snow. Sounds like the Arkansas River Valley down to near the Little Rock area could also get more. KNWA is predicting less than an inch for us. Although I have seen one weather website predicting 2" up here the last I checked it. Either way sounds like snow is a possibility for Friday. Sounds like it could start after sunrise. I'm not going to get my hopes up but maybe I'll actually be able to get some snow shots after I get off work.

I'd say we are going to get a dusting of may'be an inch for us up here in Benton County. I heard that Fayetteville is actually supose to get more snow than Benton County up to 3 inches, which is pretty rare. :lol: I hope it snows, because I have no work tommorow, I could use a "snow day" :D

I my gosh, Matt wanting snow. :shok: The one forecast I saw predicting the higher amounts of snow for us have cut back. Fayetteville will probably be lucky just to get an inch. Although looks like there's some snow in the area according to the radar in southern Washington County.

:rofl:

There's some heavy blue on my radar up here, hopefully we can get around an inch, as long as they don't call the schools, than the roads become hell.

Well surprise, surprise. Look at all that snow on the ground out there. :rolleyes: Yeah it snowed but never enough to really acumulate or anything. It's still a bit warm here too. So much for those falling temps today. The suns is coming out here already. Looks like north central Arkansas could end up the big snow winner today.

It's snowing like crazy in LR-- probably about an inch on the ground right now, not sticking to the roads though (not yet anyway)... about time!

About time? Hey we haven't even gotten anything like that here in Fayetteville. Looks like this could make it two or three years in a row where central or even parts of southern Arkansas get more snow than we do. I'm beginning to wonder how long I'm going to have to wait to get some snow pics around Fayetteville. But anyway nice to see someone else pop up in this topic. Feel free to join in on any of the other conversations we have going on here.

Edited by Mith242

I just happened to notice this and will go ahead and take the opportunity to congratulate myself on 6000 posts. Although I'm still trying to slowly gain on some of the global moderators. :D

My someone has been busy.

I think you have the highest number of posts than anyone else except the Global Mods, and Admins.

My someone has been busy.

I think you have the highest number of posts than anyone else except the Global Mods, and Admins.

Yeah but I think I've had that distinction for a while now. But it will take me a little while before I pass any global moderators up. A lot of it also depends on how busy the NWA and related Arkansas forums are. If it's not very busy it takes me quite a while to get very many posts up.

Yeah but I think I've had that distinction for a while now. But it will take me a little while before I pass any global moderators up. A lot of it also depends on how busy the NWA and related Arkansas forums are. If it's not very busy it takes me quite a while to get very many posts up.

Congrats Mith! Starting to run low on hot topics here. I'm thinking of starting a topic about trees or something in Northwest Arkansas. Just to keep everybody busy until the developments start picking up some.

Congrats Mith! Starting to run low on hot topics here. I'm thinking of starting a topic about trees or something in Northwest Arkansas. Just to keep everybody busy until the developments start picking up some.

Well I guess we won't be talking about snow. Now it looks like even Pine Bluff is getting snow.

Looks like eastern Arkansas will end up being the big winners as far as snow. Looks like the storm is really picking up as it moves eastward and looks to really take off over in Tennessee. Although I can't seem to watch anymore news because Cox seems to be stuck in it's emergency test. I wonder if Cox has everyone messed up in NWA.

We in Rogers had half an inch, but unfortunately it melted away by 10:00. :lol:

Granted I was working and didn't get a chance to look outside every chance I wanted but I never saw a single bit of accumulation at all. Not even enough to be called a dusting. It certainly snowed but as far as I saw it never stuck whatsoever.

The snow is starting to totally melt away already in LR... it was good while it lasted I suppose!

Yeah, I remember Christmas 04 where NWA was supposed to get lots of snow... and got harldy anything. LR wasn't supposed to get anything... then they got lots of snow.

I remember as a kid in Fayetteville you could always count on at least one good 6-12 in snow storm per season... not anymore I guess.

These last few winters have been so disappointing in terms of cold and snow. I am a winter lover, so the more snow the better for me. The last good winter was 2002-03 when Fayetteville got around 24-30 inches for the season. But since then I think that we have recieved just over a foot or so, and that is in 3 full years. Maybe we will get lucky later this month or in March...I can only hope.

^These past winters have been dissapointing. I remember back when I was in school, you could gurantee one 12+ inch snow storm a year, with plenty of other 3-6 storms and ice storms a year.

Now it seems we hardly get any. I hope it's just a cycle, because I do like seeing snow, I just hate driving in it. :D

From what I heard, Jonesboro got about 2 inches.

I must have messed things up when I moved back here from Florida in 2003. Their weather must have stowed away in my luggage. :D

Whether you believe in this is all global warming's fault or not I think everyone has to admit that we are in a warming trend for whatever reason and we're also getting different weather aspects. I was a bit surprised to see a burst of snow come through just a little bit ago. Only lasted 5-10 minutes.