Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

Wal-Mart is moving in the right direction while Target has their sights on the wrong guy. The new Wal-Mart TV ads are pretty darn good... I didn't realize it was a Wal-Mart ad until I saw a subliminal Rollback Man smiling at me from the screen. Target on the other hand is way off "target" with their print ads. I thought I was looking at an ad for Pier 1 Imports except for the bullseye in the corner of the page.

Wal-Mart Launches New TV Spots

Edited by masons_dad1

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be long until Target gets just as much negative publicity as Wal-Mart. Target doesn't seem to be doing anything to help combat the negativenss it is already experiencing.

I think it might be a while before Target gets the type of criticism that Wal-mart gets. I had always wondered if Wal-mart would eve consider opening up a new type of store that would be slightly more upscale like a Target. But it sounds like they're going for a mixture of slight upscale with all the regular stuff in their current type Wal-mart stores.

On another topic, has anyone else noticed UP being rather slow lately? Seems like it's been rather sluggish the past couple of days. But everything else seems to be okay speed for me on the internet so I don't think it's just me.

Yeah, the speed is a bit slow, which makes it hard to post a whole lot in a short time period.

Could be there's a lot more people using the bandwidth than normal. I'd expect things to pick up more as we approach Spring.

Last I checked things had slowed down since the big peak in the fall. But who knows maybe things have picked up more than I thought. :D

Hey Matt (or anyone else for that matter) since I know you like to eat at Asian restaurants a lot I was curious what you thought of sake. I tried it a couple of times years ago and wasn't too impressed with it. But I get a newsletter from Liquor World and they mentioned about getting in some quality sake that's actually made here in the US. So I bought me a bottle the other day. It was pretty good stuff. The brand name is Momokawa. Ghe have different styles too. I tried the diamond style which mentioned it being somewhat similar to a German reisling. I guess I'm going to have to try some of their others styles and maybe some sake from Japan again. I'm not sure if my tastes have changed or if I just like this brand in particular.

Seems like things have slowed down on the NWA, LR and Arkansas forums. Granted we can't always have it going at such a pace that we've had before. Not sure if there just isn't a lot of new development and such to talk about or if people just aren't posting as much. I haven't seen Aporkalypse post very much for a while. Not sure if work has been keeping him busy. I'll have to see if I can think of some sort of topic to get people interested in.

I haven't been able to post as much due to work. Plus, January is a slow month for development, as it is with just about everything else.

Yeah I thought you might have been busy with work too. But yeah winter isn't always the greatest time for development and such. I guess I'm just trying to think of something to get some discussion and posting to occur.

Well the burn ban for Washington County has been lifted for the moment. Fayetteville reported around 1.25" of rain. Looks like Benton County wasn't as lucky. Most of the reports I saw were more around .50 to .75" for there.

My rain gauge must be broken because it showed 2.5" at midday Saturday and it peaked at 3". But then it was a free rain gauge from Arvest. :D

My rain gauge must be broken because it showed 2.5" at midday Saturday and it peaked at 3". But then it was a free rain gauge from Arvest. :D

:lol: I was just going by the numbers I got off tv. I'm not sure where they record the official numbers for the other cities. I know for Fayetteville it's Drake Field.

:lol: I was just going by the numbers I got off tv. I'm not sure where they record the official numbers for the other cities. I know for Fayetteville it's Drake Field.

I can't argue with that. The rain gauges they get their info from are a little bit better than a thin plastic tube attached to a plant stake. :D

I haven't watched many movies in theatres this year, nothing good out yet.

I do prefer Action/ Adventure movies though, along with the scary and haunted movies.

Yeah I admit I've gotten rather bad the past year or so with not really keeping up with movies. I guess I just haven't seem much I felt like driving up to Rogers to see, since I really have given up watching movies in Fayetteville till someone builds a new theater. I like some action and sci-fi. But I can watch some of a lot of different categories. I can get into some drama too depending on the subject of the movie. I think I've already mentioned I also like trying to get into foreign films as well.

I'm really into the Historic Action/Adventure movies like Braveheart, King Arthur, Alexander, Troy and Kingdom of Heaven.

This years line-up includes:

• Underworld Evolution (Vampires anyone?)
  • X-Men 3 (SNIKT!!!)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (shiver me timbers)
  • Superman Returns (OMG!!!)
  • The Da Vinci Code (has Tom Hanks let us down yet?)
  • Hostel (will make Saw seem dull :-) get it? saw... dull :-D)
  • Annapolis (it's about time... I loved Top Gun)
  • Silent Hill (the video game gave me nightmares)