Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

Not sure where to mention this so I'll put it here. Looks like the company that owns KNWA and KARK in Little Rock has sold KFTA in Ft Smith. Before KNWA took over the NBC affiliate and moved the studio and offices up here to NWA this was the main NBC affiliate. It apparently sets up a possibility of a full power FOX station for the area. Also sounds like it could also eventually have a newscast like some other FOX affiliates have in other markets including Little Rock. I like this option because most FOX news I've seen tends to play an hour earlier at 9pm. Of course I'd rather this be up in Washington or Benton County instead, but it's a nice start. I'm still waiting for another station to make a move and put they're main studios up here in NWA.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While rain has finally brought parts of the state out of the extreme drought range NWA hasn't had much of the rainfall the rest of the state has received. NWA is now in the extreme drought classification while the rest of the state, or perhpas I should specify the southwest part, has managed to rise above that stage. Granted all the state is still in some sort of drought condition. But NWA seems to be having the worst of it.

While rain has finally brought parts of the state out of the extreme drought range NWA hasn't had much of the rainfall the rest of the state has received. NWA is now in the extreme drought classification while the rest of the state, or perhpas I should specify the southwest part, has managed to rise above that stage. Granted all the state is still in some sort of drought condition. But NWA seems to be having the worst of it.

Each storm system seems to just get east of our area before exploding. There have been a record number of tornadoes - most from eastern Ark and Mo and areas farther east. Ft Smith even picked up over and inch of rainfall this morning, but once again Fayetteville failed to see anything.

Each storm system seems to just get east of our area before exploding. There have been a record number of tornadoes - most from eastern Ark and Mo and areas farther east. Ft Smith even picked up over and inch of rainfall this morning, but once again Fayetteville failed to see anything.

Yeah I know, some of my coworkers live in Madison County and mentioned they got rain over there as well. It really seems to be avoiding NWA, or more particularly Washington and Benton Counties.

Well we finally got some good rain up here. I'm having a hard time believing these temps. Around 5PM and it's 50, some places are actually reporting 40's. Tomorrow's high is only supposed to be about 60. Quite a bit different from what we have been having lately.

Wow...as of now..... The Tennessee forum is 2 posts (16212 vs. 16210) posts behind the Arkansas forum..

Not really related to anything here........but it is a skybar topic.

Looks like it's one now. Yeah overall things have slowed down a bit over here. I believe they seem to have more forumers than us over there.

ATTN ALL FORUMERS!!!!

I have been officially reinstated as the Arkansas Moderator, with authority over the Little Rock and NWA Forums. If you have any concerns over any issues currently going on in the forum, please PM me.

Matt.

Thanks, Matt. I hate to see topics on this board begin to spiral out of control.

If we keep posting like we have been, it only be a week at the most.

It just gives us time for a better celebration. :P

That's what I was thinking. :lol: Well maybe more than a week. But if we get some big development news then yeah I could see it.

Sorry if it feels like I'm ignoring this forum. First I was gone over the weekend now a lot of my time is being taken up by trying to post all the pics I took around Hot Springs and Little Rock. Hopefully we can get this forum going again with a little activity. :D

Sorry if it feels like I'm ignoring this forum. First I was gone over the weekend now a lot of my time is being taken up by trying to post all the pics I took around Hot Springs and Little Rock. Hopefully we can get this forum going again with a little activity. :D

Much of the life sure did seem to go out of this place in your absence, Rod. Glad you're back and it's good to see you posting again!