Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...the forum has been a bit slow lately. Here I was hoping for a lot to read when I came back from vacation. Anyway I noticed Benton County had some rough storms today. Odd because we didn't get anything where I live down here in Fayetteville. No eye witness accounts yet but there looked to be a potential tornado on the dopler radar. Either way looks like there was some powerful storms up there.

We did have some rather severe storms up here, I think we got around an inch of rain yesterday. There was a confirmed funnel cloud over Avoca, but no tornado.

Yeah we did eventually get some storms down here in Washington County, but I don't think they were as bad as the ones you guys got up there.

To all NWA Forumers.

I have voluntarily stepped down my Moderator Post over all Forums due to personal reasons. I hope many of you can understand this, especially on such short notice. I still have great expectations of the NWA Subforum and the other Arkansas Subforums. I will continue to post on the site, just not as much as usual. I hope you can all understand.

Keep Posting, and Make the NWA forum the Place to BE!!!!!!!

Matt

To all NWA Forumers.

I have voluntarily stepped down my Moderator Post over all Forums due to personal reasons. I hope many of you can understand this, especially on such short notice. I still have great expectations of the NWA Subforum and the other Arkansas Subforums. I will continue to post on the site, just not as much as usual. I hope you can all understand.

Keep Posting, and Make the NWA forum the Place to BE!!!!!!!

Matt

I'm sorry to see you go Matt. Although without you and Mith posting there's not much posting going on here. Anyway I wish you luck with whatever issues you're dealing with.

I'm sorry to see you go Matt. Although without you and Mith posting there's not much posting going on here. Anyway I wish you luck with whatever issues you're dealing with.

Well I'm back from vacation now, so I'll be posting some more. But yes it is sad to hear Matt won't be around as much. Hopefully things will work out and Matt will be back with us more in the near future. I'd like to thank Matt for the job he's done. Before Matt came things were rather quiet for NWA topics, we didn't even have a subforum back then. I can't guarantee things will be as 'hectic' as they were back in the 'good old days' but we'll keep things going.

Well I'm back from vacation now, so I'll be posting some more. But yes it is sad to hear Matt won't be around as much. Hopefully things will work out and Matt will be back with us more in the near future. I'd like to thank Matt for the job he's done. Before Matt came things were rather quiet for NWA topics, we didn't even have a subforum back then. I can't guarantee things will be as 'hectic' as they were back in the 'good old days' but we'll keep things going.

Glad to see you back Mith... hopefully you can bring some life back to this subforum.

Glad to see you back Mith... hopefully you can bring some life back to this subforum.

I'll see what I can do but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. Things were a lot easier when Matt was here and posted as often as he did. Sometimes things will just be slow unless we can get some more people to participate or we'll just have to rely more on when development news comes around. We seem to have periods where we have lots of guests. We have a good amount of NWA news here and people seem to be coming across us whether by accident or not. Now if we could just manage to get some of them to participate. I'll certainly be keeping up with Fayetteville news and I'll see if I can manage to pick up a little slack in the other areas of NWA as well. Although I might get a little busy at times. I'm trying to build up my photo portfolio so I might be able to do a little more with my photo hobby. I'm wanting to get some more nature photography. But anyway I should still be around quite a bit. :D

I'll see what I can do but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. Things were a lot easier when Matt was here and posted as often as he did. Sometimes things will just be slow unless we can get some more people to participate or we'll just have to rely more on when development news comes around. We seem to have periods where we have lots of guests. We have a good amount of NWA news here and people seem to be coming across us whether by accident or not. Now if we could just manage to get some of them to participate. I'll certainly be keeping up with Fayetteville news and I'll see if I can manage to pick up a little slack in the other areas of NWA as well. Although I might get a little busy at times. I'm trying to build up my photo portfolio so I might be able to do a little more with my photo hobby. I'm wanting to get some more nature photography. But anyway I should still be around quite a bit. :D

I'll keep the Benton County news and updates going as much as I can. I'll have to get out and snap some pictures of Rogers and Bentonville developments so you can concentrate on Fayetteville.

I'll keep the Benton County news and updates going as much as I can. I'll have to get out and snap some pictures of Rogers and Bentonville developments so you can concentrate on Fayetteville.

Cool, although I wouldn't mind going up there sometime myself and take a few pics. Just not sure when I'll have time to do it. But I certainly wouldn't mind seeing someone else's pics. :D

Things may have slown down but the NWA forum has recently passed the 8,000 mark. Congrats to everyone. Looks like it might be a while before we reach another big milestone so guess we better celebrate it. :D

That's great. I'm hoping we can keep some interesting discussions going to maybe entice some of the browsers who don't post much to start posting. Still, congrats to the NWA forum! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot where this discussion was so I figured this is a good place for it.

The statewide smoking ban is official. It will go into effect in 90 days. Does anyone seeing this new law possibly hurting certain sports bars or restaurants?

Here's the news article... Governor signs smoking ban legislation - Arkansas News Bureau

I forgot where this discussion was so I figured this is a good place for it.

The statewide smoking ban is official. It will go into effect in 90 days. Does anyone seeing this new law possibly hurting certain sports bars or restaurants?

Here's the news article... Governor signs smoking ban legislation - Arkansas News Bureau

There's a topic under the main Arkansas forum. But I don't mind if we discuss it here as well. Personally I don't see it hurting those types of businesses. It didn't seem to hurt Fayetteville's restuarant business. Smokers will still go out and eat and such. They'll just have to go outside to smoke. I see people doing thi in Fayetteville already. When Fayetteville did this everyone said that smokers will simply go to one of the other NWA cities to go eat. Maybe some did, but it didn't look like it was a very large amount. I can't see people making that argument around here. There isn't a lot of restaurants just across the border in Oklahoma or Missouri. Joplin seems pretty far away just to go to a restaurant you can smoke in.

There's a topic under the main Arkansas forum. But I don't mind if we discuss it here as well. Personally I don't see it hurting those types of businesses. It didn't seem to hurt Fayetteville's restuarant business. Smokers will still go out and eat and such. They'll just have to go outside to smoke. I see people doing thi in Fayetteville already. When Fayetteville did this everyone said that smokers will simply go to one of the other NWA cities to go eat. Maybe some did, but it didn't look like it was a very large amount. I can't see people making that argument around here. There isn't a lot of restaurants just across the border in Oklahoma or Missouri. Joplin seems pretty far away just to go to a restaurant you can smoke in.

I'm thinking more about the restaurants in Benton County that have bars where people are allowed to smoke. It could affect where these people may decide to eat when their favorite bars are now smoke free.

I'm thinking more about the restaurants in Benton County that have bars where people are allowed to smoke. It could affect where these people may decide to eat when their favorite bars are now smoke free.

I suppose that is one aspect. But usually if I want to go eat somewhere then I go eat there. If I want a drink then I'm more likely to go to a bar, not something that's in a restaurant.

I suppose that is one aspect. But usually if I want to go eat somewhere then I go eat there. If I want a drink then I'm more likely to go to a bar, not something that's in a restaurant.

That's the dilemma... Benton County is dry. Maybe this smoking ban will actually help Benton County become a wet county.