Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you got an inch in Bentonville?

It was really only a fair dusting for us in Rogers.

Matt, I live in Rogers and the flakes were huge during the day but I didn't expect much to stick but when I got up to go to work there was a thick layer of glassy ice on my car (maybe not a full inch thick!).

Matt, I live in Rogers and the flakes were huge during the day but I didn't expect much to stick but when I got up to go to work there was a thick layer of glassy ice on my car (maybe not a full inch thick!).

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you lived in Bentonville. Do you live on the North Side of Town, or more towards the South. I live on the south side of town, and it was really only a light dusting.

On another note, let's talk about what everyone's listening to in their cars right now, and what you are watching on TV.

For me, I've been listening to Ivan Van Dahl and DJ Tiesto, in which I just got a new Live set that is 6 hours long. The live set is from Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam.

Lately, I've been enjoying the Travel Channel late at night with their great paranormal programs like Weird Travels, Most Haunted. I also have been checking out Discovery with the random programs they broadcast.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you lived in Bentonville. Do you live on the North Side of Town, or more towards the South. I live on the south side of town, and it was really only a light dusting.

I live just inside Little Flock on the north end of Rogers... although I work in Bentonville.

On another note, let's talk about what everyone's listening to in their cars right now, and what you are watching on TV.

For me, I've been listening to Ivan Van Dahl and DJ Tiesto, in which I just got a new Live set that is 6 hours long. The live set is from Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam.

Lately, I've been enjoying the Travel Channel late at night with their great paranormal programs like Weird Travels, Most Haunted. I also have been checking out Discovery with the random programs they broadcast.

When commuting to and from work I listen to CD's... mostly Alternative Goth. When I'm driving with my wife in the car she likes to listen to Country music.

As for TV, I really don't watch much and just channel hop when I do. I spend some of my spare time playing video games... right now I'm involved in Knights of the Old Republic on XBox.

We've just had a big cloud burst over here in Rogers.

There was some pea sized hail and brief period of heavy rain. It's certainly welcome in my books.

Wow, they mentioned a very slight chance of rain between 6-9PM. But they said it would most likely happen to the east of us. Yeah looks like it's just Benton County. There's a little line forming also but looks like it will miss Washington County.

I take it back, there's quite a strong line of thunderstorms heading through NWA as I write this. Looks like it's already hitting Benton County. Hasn't reached Fayetteville yet but looks like it's packing a punch.

It's a good sign.

I'm glad it rained pretty hard, I'm not sure it's enough to lift the burn bans.

Sam's Club caps year with $250,000 diamond sale

JANUARY 06, 2006 - Bentonville, Ark. -- Warehouse retailer Sam's Club closed out 2005 with a bang, concluding the year with the sale of a $250,000 diamond necklace.

Valued at more than half a million, according to the company, the piece was an International Gemological Institute-certified, 56-carat diamond necklace accented with ideal cut diamond hearts and arrows. The necklace was offered as part of the Regal Elegance jewelry collection, which features bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings in diamonds, pearls, and white gold.

"This necklace is one of many examples of affordable luxury jewelry pieces available at Sam's Club," said Dee Breazeale, Sam's Club vice president of jewelry, in a release issued Thursday. "This purchaser will no doubt be pleased with their decision to buy this spectacular piece at a tremendous savings."

The nation's largest warehouse chain with more than 558 locations nationwide, Sam's Club is a division of Wal-Mart. Last spring, the company made a splash with the jewelry offered on its Web site, including a fancy pink diamond for $560,000 and a fancy yellow diamond ring for $610,000.

Sam's Club caps year with $250,000 diamond sale

Mister Sam would be proud. :D

I didn't get anything at my place, it was extremely cold and windy though.

Yeah I didn't see any precip at all, rain or snow. Looks like it was all to the east and south of us. Certainly doesn't help our burn ban issue up here but it looks like the rest of the state got some good rain out of it.