CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

• 3 weeks later...

the Gibson Company is out of Atlanta right? I wonder about Terwilliger, Davis & Ledbetter, LLC. The CEO of the multi-family development company in Atlanta, Trammel Crow, is Ron Terwilliger. Ron Terwilliger is part of a group that has tried to purchase the Atlanta Braves.

Okay, now I'm really pissed off! I just noticed that they took out that row of medium-sized oaks along McBee Avenue. I was sure they would remain! :angry::cry::angry:

They better replace them too. :angry: I wonder if they had to remove them for sewer work and street improvements.

Edited by g-man430

They better replace them too. :angry: I wonder if they had to remove them for sewer work and street improvements.

I am sorry to see the trees go too, but with all the construction work going on around them and new utilities going in the street, it isn't practial to try to save those trees. If they were saved, there is a good chance many would not have survived anyway, because so much of their root systems would have been destroyed. New trees are planned to go along the street as shown in this site plan.

153651572_0df0e89395_o.jpg

I am guessing they had to removed for the new side walks at that project. I am sure they will be required to replace them.

Also, anyone else notice how large the trees were they planted at Riveplace. Let's hope any replacement trees are at least that size.

BTW, newer site plans have a building on the out parcel, anyone one hear anything about what it might be?

My guess is a bank branch.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw some nice elevations of the buildings on McBee Ave... And that Publix can't hold a candle to what we're getting. The whole complex is going to be top notch and really reflect Main Street I think... I can see a lot of the architecture that graces Main Street influencing the facade! Can't wait to see it in person...

Is McBee Station supposed to be like Atlantic Station in Atlanta? How tall is it supposed to be?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong... but i think the retail and residentail areas will be 3 stories and the apartments will be 4 on one side and 5 on the other (elevation change..)

I dont know what Atlantic Station is...

The Publix at McBee Station will have a highly similar store layout like Atlantic Station, a midtown center in northern Atlanta, GA. It will be a smaller store than we're use to in this area, but it will still offer a variety of products and specialty departments including a delicatessen, bakery and pharmacy.

As for the entire development in relation to the entire Atlantic Station, it is a similar concept of a town center with retail and residences combined. I think McBee Station is smaller and more vertical.

Is McBee Station supposed to be like Atlantic Station in Atlanta? How tall is it supposed to be?

McBee Station is similar, though a crumb compared with a cake in comparison to Atlantic Station. We can refer to both RiverPlace and McBee Station as Greenville's version. :thumbsup:

For reference: http://atlanticstation.com/ {sodEmoji.|} http://riverplace.hreinc.com/ {sodEmoji.|} http://www.pazdan-smith.com/ (for McBee Station)

From some of the renderings on pazdan smith site it looks like there will be a large amount of open parking lot space. I thought the city was trying to get away from this type of thing. Wouldn't a nicely designed garage have worked better for retail, and below ground or below condo parking for living spaces?

That is a parking garage! :lol: