CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

• 4 weeks later...

Ah ok. I don't I had seen a final site plan for McBee Station. That absolutely has to be a parking deck, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get everything in there. That site says it will have a capacity of 500 cars.

I am glad to see angled parking along McBee. I drive by there alot and I was wondering what the parking situation would be. Which road is on the right of that rendering?

I think a comparison to Atlantic Station is not unwarranted. Its a smaller scale, but similar in scope I think. The Publix will most likely be their 'urban' store. They have a couple of them in Columbia that I used to go to regularly. They are smaller than your standard suburban publix, but still great stores. They pack a lot in them.

I went into the Publix at University Town Center in Tuscaloosa, Alabama yesterday. It's a very nice design, this urban one. I suspect the one at McBee Station will be very similar.

Here's a photo of the exterior:

191737756_c89ef6d8aa_b.jpg

Notice the elephants where the awnings meet the building. These are a symbol of the University of Alabama, which is located very nearby in Tuscaloosa. It'd be cool if some symbolism were included in the McBee Station facade as well.

I went into the Publix at University Town Center in Tuscaloosa, Alabama yesterday. It's a very nice design, this urban one. I suspect the one at McBee Station will be very similar.

Here's a photo of the exterior:

191737756_c89ef6d8aa_b.jpg

Notice the elephants where the awnings meet the building. These are a symbol of the University of Alabama, which is located very nearby in Tuscaloosa. It'd be cool if some symbolism were included in the McBee Station facade as well.

How about pigs? :lol:

Now that might just fly! :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

As of 8/7/06, McBee Station's Publix, Staples, and possibly even the 22 condos along with the 272 apartments, but not so sure on those two are scheduled to open 3/1/2007 and the amount of space sold for the center is at 62%, which means 38% of space is still available to be purchased.

Edited by carolinadude9409

• 4 weeks later...

Just letting you guys know that we now have the masonry plans for publix and that will be "one" of the first structures rising. I expect 2-3 weeks more. They are supposed to dig the footings monday if we dont get too much rain, and as soon as they pour them we can start slinging the block in there. We have 10 weeks to lay all the block on the publix building which i think we will be done before that. Rested Traveler will be notified the day we start by me so he can come take some pictures of progress.

One of my favorite aspects of this development is that everyone can see the progress very well from the Church St bridge.

This is quite true for those that are fortunate enough to be able to drive across the Church Street Bridge frequently enough. :thumbsup: What photos I manage to get will be for historical purposes as well as for the benefit of those that are following things in Greenville from afar. I'd hope someone would do the same after I'm afar, too. :)

This is quite true for those that are fortunate enough to be able to drive across the Church Street Bridge frequently enough. :thumbsup: What photos I manage to get will be for historical purposes as well as for the benefit of those that are following things in Greenville from afar. I'd hope someone would do the same after I'm afar, too. :)

So it's a done deal? You'll definitely be "afar"? :unsure:

Fortunately I go thorugh downtown pretty much every time im in Greenville these days. Sometimes I take a detour just to go over the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the parking garage. I dont think it would be the publix cause it is supposed to be all 12" block, poured with rebar in each cell. We should be hitting it after next week as far as the walls on the publix rising. they have been taking their sweet time on it.