CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

I think most know we are talking about ONE as it relates to the entire project, including the BofA building. There is nothing misleading to the discussion.

I understand that. I think as this project's scope has expanded, so should its name on this thread. We have moved on to another block completely. "Main at Washington" is not the location for Aloft is it? I don't really care but it would be nice if someone could edit the name.

Don't forget the Cheez Wiz store.  :lol:

LOL! Brooks Brothers has it covered......they offer a beautiful "Cheese Wiz" shade in their 346 pinpoint shirts. LOL.

Seriously, I am glad to see this opening and it is a great thing for downtown Greenville. Wish BB was the original BB and not the current beotchized version.

LOL! Brooks Brothers has it covered......they offer a beautiful "Cheese Wiz" shade in their 346 pinpoint shirts. LOL.

Seriously, I am glad to see this opening and it is a great thing for downtown Greenville. Wish BB was the original BB and not the current beotchized version.

How is Greenville's Brooks Brothers different from the "original" Brooks Brothers?

The news articles I read about Brooks Brothers state that a third retail tenant is set to open at ONE in January 2014.  I wonder why its identity hasn't yet been announced?

I'm thinking that Urban Outfitters will be the next national chain downtown (given its common ownership with Anthropologie), but I have no inside information; it's just a guess.

The news articles I read about Brooks Brothers state that a third retail tenant is set to open at ONE in January 2014.  I wonder why its identity hasn't yet been announced?

I'm thinking that Urban Outfitters will be the next national chain downtown (given its common ownership with Anthropologie), but I have no inside information; it's just a guess.

I was thinking that as well. Especially since one opened up in Columbia this past summer. Makes sense to me.

How is Greenville's Brooks Brothers different from the "original" Brooks Brothers?

Greenville's is just like all the others in the chain. The entire chain itself has been bast**dized over the years. Where the merch is manufactured, quality, etc. Not the same chain it was years ago.

I thought the article said NOMA Square for the additional retailer in January 2014????

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is fantastic. Is that brick? Great color for tables / chairs. Plantings are great, too. Those restaurants around that square are going to reap many benefits for their patience and sacrifice. Excellent job on this, Greenville.

Well, everyone except Camille's.

Preliminary demo work has started on the garage. All of the drop ceiling on first floor of the garage has been pulled down probably so they can terminate and cut off the fire suppression system and other mechanicals shared with the tower. Thanks to btoy for this information. 

Edited by gman430

While walking around the renovated plaza, I could not help but notice the lack of any water feature. Fountains were excluded from the design? The plaza looks decent (albeit presumably unfinished), but feels a bit bleak and hard without water or art. Extra creativity is needed to offset the increasingly limited natural light.

I also noticed other people had displaced many of the pebbles that surround the base of each tree. The stones were scattered over the smooth brick pavement, causing an unpleasant distraction while walking.

Edited by Skyliner