Norfolk Stores and Retail and Resturants

vdogg

I'm officially done at the mall, but here's the last tidbits:

D.E.M.O. is closing in a month or two, they're closing all of their east coast stores, so they're having a going out of business sale.

Ann Taylor Lofts is now hiring and the site is under construction next to Select Comfort and Vans, they've posted vinyl covering over the construction boards.

Barnes and Noble has posted vinyl coverings over their construction boards on both floors, last i checked construction had not obviously started, but they could be doing work in the rear of the store, not visible from the front.

Still have no idea what the hell they're doing in the courtyard next to the parking deck, the skating rink has been gone for two months now and they're still working on the site, though they swear nothing is going there.

Fink's Jewelers new store is under construction, should be open late March early April.

Bag N Bags has moved from second floor corner to next to Christian Bernard on the first floor.

Been a pleasure reporting for you gentlemen n ladies.

Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest is scheduled for June 16th as well

Norfolk will lose 2 independant bookstores and gain 2 large ones

Almost simultaneously, Hampton Roads, specifically Norfolk, could lose two of its independent bookstores and gain two large, chain booksellers.

Broad Street Books on 21st Street in Norfolk announced through its bookstore blog that it would be closing its doors for good March 31. The store started in Portsmouth in 2002 before moving to its Ghent location in 2005.

Bibliophile Bookshop on West Bute Street in Norfolk hasn

Welcome to the forum! What is this suppose to be?

Bang & Olufsen is an electronics store that sells upscale electronics, especially audio equipment. Kind of like how an Apple Store is top of the line, so is Bang & Olufsen. They're Danish. Where is this place exactly, because if it's just on a street in Norfolk I'm really happy! We need high-class street retail outside of MacArthur.

Edited by okinawatyphoon

I'm glad this company is investing in our area, I just wish it was downtown where all the office workers are.

Well, if it is Ghent it fits just as good there if not better. I think Ghent could use a little new retail every now and then. :)

I am sorry but unless they know something that I don't, they will not last in our market. I have visited the store in Tysons up here in Fairfax on numerous occasions just to be in awe... There is a portable phone (yes, one phone) for almost $300... The sound systems... Yeah, one of them has a single speaker going for $20,000. So unless they have changed what they are selling for our region, I seriously wonder how long it will last...

I am sorry but unless they know something that I don't, they will not last in our market. I have visited the store in Tysons up here in Fairfax on numerous occasions just to be in awe... There is a portable phone (yes, one phone) for almost $300... The sound systems... Yeah, one of them has a single speaker going for $20,000. So unless they have changed what they are selling for our region, I seriously wonder how long it will last...

In the first place, according to the Ghent newsletter, this is more of a interior design services store than an electronics retail store. Of course, the newsletter may be wrong. Yes, B&O traditionally sells high-end stereo equipment, but that may not be the prupose of this outlet. But even if it is, people here CAN afford high-end electronics. That's why we have 2 high-end stereo stores in Va. Beach (1 in College Park, 1 at Hilltop) and I think 2 on the Peninsula. All have been here for years, and all sell equipment that can run into 4 and even 5 figures. I've been to them many times. And then there's Domes too. Same thing.

Edited by Sky06

The Palace Shops on 21st and their new edition across the street already have some of Norfolk's finest retailers. A shop like Bang & Olufsen is a perfect addition. If one can afford furniture at Decorum across the street, then they can also afford to shop at Bang & Olufsen.