Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

kuhlman's clothing company was suppose to be coming to towncenter but on tc's website this evening, i noticed it's no longer marked as a store coming or existing (i believe i looked hard enough)...what happened to this?

It appears actually that the schematic "I" has not been updated for some time. If you take a look on the left Origins, Daily Grind Unwind and Sunglass Hut are listed as the same location but none of them are listed as well.

kuhlman's clothing company was suppose to be coming to towncenter but on tc's website this evening, i noticed it's no longer marked as a store coming or existing (i believe i looked hard enough)...what happened to this?

Yeah, I'm surprised too. They appear to be in the same category as J.Crew, BR, and BB 346. Then again, they planned to have 100 by mid-2005, which was changed to 120 by 2006. Their current count is 43 stores.

There is now a big sign that says "Coming soon, Shops at Town Center" sitting on the land that fronts independence. I guess that means this additional lot is part of the Sifen project. This is going to turn into a rather large strip center. <_<

You knew it was coming. Some people just won't let the suburban mentality go and wants to make a quick buck and not spend too much on an urban development.

• 1 month later...

Everybody sing...Pembroke mall is coming down, coming down, coming down...Pembroke Mall is coming down, my fair...oh, sorry :)

I was leaving working today at about 3:30 and what did I see when I passed Pembroke Mall...3 frontend loaders. One of which was activley destroying a portion of the "Freight Liquidators" wing of the mall. I saw exposed I-beams and everything. :blink:

I wonder when the renderings will be out! I hope the Mall property and all its vast, empty parking lots will be redeveloped to the potential that is benificial to a Downtown Virginia Beach.

Later,

Metalman

Occasio,

I know the whole mall isn't coming down. I was just jokingly speaking in broad terms there. Yes, it is just the north wing and Freight Liquidators that is being demolished.

...and we still have yet to see renderings. I just think is weird when there were renderings made public of the Colosium Mall tranformation well before the deconstruction began. But with Pembroke, we've known about it from a news story...last year was it?...deconstruction has started but no renderings out yet. But, I didn't see a PDF dated Oct. 1, I believe, showing a Pembroke Mall floor plan minus the north wing. But, nothing including what will replace it.

:huh::dontknow:

Things have progressed nicely for the demo of Pembroke Mall north wing to make way for Pembroke Mall Promenade. Sorry for the crappy shots but the weather is not the best and alas I am trying to avoid that little white truck that roams the property. :ph34r:

About half the FL building is now gone.

DSC03277.jpg

DSC03276.jpg

DSC03275.jpg

And as you can see the north wing is now history.

DSC03274.jpg

On the AH building, the office portion above the parking deck, there is a sign that is circular... It looks like Target but wrong colors. What is it, and when did it get there?

There are two colleges at TC. Hampton U is one of them but I can't remember the other. Hampton U occupies that 1 floor space above the garage, so the sign might be theirs. However, it doesn't seem to look like a HU seal so it might be the other college's.

There are two colleges at TC. Hampton U is one of them but I can't remember the other. Hampton U occupies that 1 floor space above the garage, so the sign might be theirs. However, it doesn't seem to look like a HU seal so it might be the other college's.

The other school is Strayer in the building above the Cheesecake.