Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

So they are telling us that there is more of a demand for $1000 suits in Knoxville, Memphis, Louisville, and Birmingham than there is here? :rolleyes: The article also didn't tell you that Pittsburgh already has a regular retail store in it's airport.

You probably don't want to hear this then: Even where I am on the tiny island of Okinawa, Japan (about 1.3 million people), we have a Brooks Brothers. I am pretty sure it is one of their normal ones, too. :blush:

edit: I found out it is a Factory Outlet Store, if that makes a difference.

Edited by okinawatyphoon

I would agree that Mr. Divaris is not totally responsibile as ultimately it is up to the retailer to decide or not to decide to locate here. But in saying that if you look at his website you will see he has some huge projects on the books bringing in retail for some of the largest centers on the east coast, King of Prussia I believe it is being one of the largest. Without a doubt he knows these companies well and has marketed our region to the best of his ability. In times past we have heard how skiddish high end retailers are about locating here so we can only hope TC will be the catalyst and deciding factor for them to come. Perhaps it may not work out as we/he had hoped but only time will tell the end result. Other parts of TC is very much still under construction and there is a LOT of retail that we hope to gain.

I just heard and unsubstatiated rumor that the circuit city by town center may be closing or going out of business. Has anyone heard anything about this or can they confirm this?

I can't confirm it, but look at their parking lot compared to Best Buy's on any given day.

(To be fair, I prefer Circuit City. Best Buy doesn't even have an audition room for their speakers).

Of course, I remember riding the escalator past the 32" - 40" televisions onto the dance floor style entrance of the F/X store. Anyone else remember that?

I can't confirm it, but look at their parking lot compared to Best Buy's on any given day.

(To be fair, I prefer Circuit City. Best Buy doesn't even have an audition room for their speakers).

Of course, I remember riding the escalator past the 32" - 40" televisions onto the dance floor style entrance of the F/X store. Anyone else remember that?

Neither one carry any of the high end home theater so it doesn't matter to me.

Edited by rusthebuss

Neither one carrys any of the high end home theater so it doesn't matter to me.

I wonder if Best Buy will add Magnolia departments to their East Coast stores. Magnolia is a formerly Seattle-based home theater chain out west that BB bought and integrated into their regular stores. The stuff in BB/Magnolia stores is way more high-end than in the regular BB stores.

Edited by hoobo

I wonder if Best Buy will add Magnolia departments to their East Coast stores. Magnolia is a formerly Seattle-based home theater chain out west that BB bought and integrated into their regular stores. The stuff in BB/Magnolia stores is way more high-end than in the regular BB stores.

Well, if they hope to get any business from the people who move into the Westin, then they certainly should...

I heard today that a Whole Foods will be constructing a store on the old Kroger site as well as some specialty shops. I was also told they heard Trader Joes was coming but now would be built in Chesapeake. I don't know if they have abondoned VB or not since they still could build in another location here at the Beach.

I heard today that a Whole Foods will be constructing a store on the old Kroger site as well as some specialty shops. I was also told they heard Trader Joes was coming but now would be built in Chesapeake. I don't know if they have abondoned VB or not since they still could build in another location here at the Beach.

Where is the information coming from?

And is it reliable?