Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

Wegman's are niiice... It's like a Ukrop's on steroids... Cheaper than anything too up here in Fairfax.

My buddy in Fairfax took me to Wegmans. Upscale is not even the word for this store. First time I ever wanted to take a picture of the inside of a grocery store. :rofl:

On the AH building, the office portion above the parking deck, there is a sign that is circular... It looks like Target but wrong colors. What is it, and when did it get there?

I noticed that also the other day but didn't get a close look. Who would actually? lol

On the AH building, the office portion above the parking deck, there is a sign that is circular... It looks like Target but wrong colors. What is it, and when did it get there?

I passed by it yesterday. The blue circle is the Hampton Univ seal. But now next to it, also in blue, it reads "College of Virginia Beach".

I was in Pembroke Mall tonight and asked around if Target was coming. One person said they are coming and a big one, whatever that means. I asked if a parking garage was being built but I really don't think she knew. Since they are building on the Promenade as they call it, it should have more shops as well. They have plenty of room in the back to expand. Still hoping for a parking deck back there but who knows. :rolleyes:

I can't believe there still haven't been any public renderings yet. I very curious to see what there are doing there.

Has anyone ever considered that they don't know what's going there yet? From my perspective (& yes I am located inside Pembroke 5 days a week) they don't know exactly what's going there yet but....

...empty space is an easier sell than an area that is already built up.

Edited by occasio

I say keep going with the demolition, grid out the whole mall area. The new mall take up 4 blocks and then sell off the rest. That would turn downtown VB into a huge downtown if that were to happen.

That's been my idea for some time. Build an open air 2-story mall along the Sears-Kohl's axis with a through street dividing it in half going from the Blvd/current mall entrance to Jeanne. The parcels along the Blvd would be parking structures with offices and residential above. The portion between the mall and Jeanne would be a parking structure wrapped in apartment townhomes with two additional free-standing townhome blocks (one fronting Jeanne and one fronting the townhome wrapped stucture) with an alleyway between them. Sears portion would not be part of this development unless they choose to join as they own their land.

That's been my idea for some time. Build an open air 2-story mall along the Sears-Kohl's axis with a through street dividing it in half going from the Blvd/current mall entrance to Jeanne. The parcels along the Blvd would be parking structures with offices and residential above. The portion between the mall and Jeanne would be a parking structure wrapped in apartment townhomes with two additional free-standing townhome blocks (one fronting Jeanne and one fronting the townhome wrapped stucture) with an alleyway between them. Sears portion would not be part of this development unless they choose to join as they own their land.

I wonder how much influence Sears has since they own alot of that land. I heard they even own the land village inn sits on.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed at Best Buy there are tents set up? From what I understand folks are camping out there as a new playstation (I think it is) is coming out tomorrow. Wild indeed. :shok:

PS3!!! My friend from my dorm bought one this morning!!! I saw him roll up at 8 am in his car hauling the console and tons of accessories out of his car (his first class is a lot later and I've never seen him awake before noonish haha).

I really don't know the answer to your question at this point. I did email the company who manages it (Jones Lasalle) some time back but they wouldn't divulge any info. I am looking at the scheme and also see the wing is gone but the future development area is tiny! It just appears to be enough room for another anchor. Hopefully they are not done yet with the map. With all that parking around back (and sides) they could easily have a much larger addition.

If you're looking at the site plan pdf from 2005 on the pembroke website, it shows the original layout before demolition. There really is a lot of room to work with out there. The one thing I like about the site plan pdf, though, is it shows Sears' property limit as well as those of Kramer Tires and the Shell gas station. I'm starting to think that Pembroke will go for something like Lynnhaven did on the old Belk/Dillard site (now AMC) but on a bigger scale. More stores and restaurants and maybe even some office space. Regal will finally consolidate locations to better fight Cinemark and AMC.

Edited by hoobo

• 4 weeks later...

I heard today that the Taco Bell located at Indy and VB Blvd is being torn down. I was told the drive thru backs up to Indy (never seen that) and the new structure will be built further back on the lot to accomodate all the drive through customers. So much for something else being built there. <_<

I heard today that the Taco Bell located at Indy and VB Blvd is being torn down. I was told the drive thru backs up to Indy (never seen that) and the new structure will be built further back on the lot to accomodate all the drive through customers. So much for something else being built there. <_<

Ughh! <_<:angry: . Can't win them all I guess.

This reminds of when I used to get frustrated playing sim city because no matter how much I tried to zone for dense commerial those little buildings with the twirling ice cream cones on top kept popping up. I guess that games a little closer to reality than I first imagined. :lol:

Actually, it just occured to me that what they're doing with that store makes sense. They're saying that traffic backs onto Indy and it is probably difficult to exit onto both Indy and the Blvd during rush hour. Bank St is being built between the PAC and TB/Beacon. So why not move the restaurant closer to the Indy/Blvd corner and move the entrance/exit to Bank. The openings onto Indy and the Blvd would then be closed.