CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

Actually, this isn't the first high-rise over 14-stories since the Daniel Building. One Insignia Financial Plaza (now One Liberty Square) is somewhere around 17-stories, right?

The 14th floor is the rooftop health spa and pool. This is also the case for The Camperdown, where the private health club and pool create an additional floor. I also believe this is the reason for his mentioning this tower as being "quite different in its design and features." :shades:

Sounds very exciting! :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the One Liberty Square building is indeed 17 stories tall. I think he just made a mistake when writing the email. Looking at the video of the Pinnacle on Main, it looks like it is almost going to be the same height as the 17-story One Liberty Square building that is right next to the site.

Perhaps he meant the tallest building to be built since the Daniel Building, by my calculations that although 1 Libert Square is 17 stories it's still going to be taller than that. According to emporis it will be the 3rd tallest building in Greenville. They say the Landmark Building is the tallest with the Chamber of Commerce Building 2nd at only 10 stories, then would be Pinnacle on Main, and its also my understanding that the top floor is actually going to be 2 stories maiking it technically 14 floors.

If you go to the website now and click on "sales", it displays a map of the building. You can waive the mouse over each section and it will tell if it is residential, commercial, or retail. It also states if there is a pending sale on that section. It looks like only one residential section is pending, and only 3-4 commercial ones. The rest seems to be empty. Although this could be part of the site Bob Ellis will "revise". Keep your fingers crossed, I know ALL of us are dying to see this one get underway. (Wasn't it supossed to start last April)...

Perhaps he meant the tallest building to be built since the Daniel Building, by my calculations that although 1 Libert Square is 17 stories it's still going to be taller than that. According to emporis it will be the 3rd tallest building in Greenville. They say the Landmark Building is the tallest with the Chamber of Commerce Building 2nd at only 10 stories, then would be Pinnacle on Main, and its also my understanding that the top floor is actually going to be 2 stories maiking it technically 14 floors.

There is NO way that the COC bulding is number 2 in height. I don't think it is even in the top 5. I think Emporis is wrong on this one.

Emporis has the potential to be a great website if it were kept up to date.The problem is it probably hasent been updated in 5 years and the information is usually incorrect.Maybe Urban Planet should offer a statistics page to help get out the corrrect information on our cities.Just a thought.

Here is the email I received involving the proposed 14-story building by Bob Ellis:

Dear Mr. Sharp

The proposed 14-story building you were referring too is dead - it was an earlier version of one of the other ones that bit the dust. It was a little different concept on a different site than any of those mentioned before. Because if the parties involved it probably will not happen. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was interesting. The only condo that is listed on the website as "pending" is the penthouse on the 12th floor. This has to be the one that is 1.85M, as it is the largest and highest up. I don't think there can be too many condos, in SC that cost more than 1.85M. Anybody know of any?

I'm more than certain there are some on the coast that go for at least that much, particularly down in Hilton Head.

Mr. Sharp,

We are planning to revise the website in the next week and yes we want to start construction as quick as the city permits and financial institutions will allow. There is a little more fine tuning of the engineering to do because this bldg is quite different in its design and features. More on that later. This bldg will be the first high-rise of more than 14 stories since the Daniel bldg (Landmark Bldg) of 1964 so it is not a quick build. Thank you for your continued interest.

Perfect timing. I got a new email today from Bob Ellis about this project:

We have been and still are in negotiations with purchasers for more than half of the commercial units and half of the residential units. We are also negotiating the construction financing which is predicated on the strength of the purchasers of the units. It is not a simple building or process as this concept has not been done in Greenville yet. As you already know, this is not a normal project as we have amenities no one else does and our price point is higher. People are now seeing that it a higher quality package than the others. Unfortunately, good news seems to travel slower than bad news. You will be seeing more development on this side of downtown soon. Maybe we should say this part of Greenville is "uptown". We should have the website updated by next week. Thank you again for your interest.

-Bob Ellis

Yeah, I wish we could get Bob Ellis to post some of that info here. Who knows, perhaps he already posts here...

I am excited at the idea of more development there in uptown. THat is where three of our best highrises are, and hopefully a fourth very soon with the Pinnacle on Main. I would love to extend the pedestrian feel across East North Street. I hope this will be the next area of emphasis downtown, along with continuing the growth out from the Main Street core. Not to mention what is going on in the West End, which is so exciting!

Don't expect this area of North Main to look much like the West End. Mayor White said that North and South Main are two entirely different places with different targets. I would be interested in seeing exactly what types of developments will spring up around the upscale Pinnacle on Main.

I know who is buying the penthouse that is on the 12th floor of the building. He's a family friend and my dad was telling me about it the other day. I don't want to say who he is but, he is an area dentist.

AWESOME! is this new news? could this help put the Pinnacle over the top on presales?

Archived