CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

AWESOME! is this new news? could this help put the Pinnacle over the top on presales?

Well, i believe this is the one that says sale pending on their website, but the purchase is in its final stages now. So, it may push it over the edge in sales or not. More to report later.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks gman, that is encouraging, i guess I am just starting to get inpatient! I like like the statement "you will be seeing more development on this side of DT soon." He must know some things we don't know. :lol:

I know a bit about what he is talking about I beleive and hope to be in a position to shed some light for you guys in a few weeks.

BTW, here is something to keep an eye on, the AG Edwards building and parking lot just sold. Will this mean additional development or redevelopment? Will that building come down?

Also, Regions bank building is undercontract. Will its parking lot be developed by the new owner? These are great questions to be looking for answers for. Unfortunatley I have none.

Also, a office building on almost 1/2 acre is under contract on E. North acrross from the Courht House site and the Bilo center. Might this be a future redevelopment site? Again, I do not know, but would like to.

Thanks for the info and thoughts, btoy. I will keep my ears and eyes open for additional reports. Hopefully some of this will become public relatively soon. The best season for construction (Spring thru Fall) is underway and several projects have not broken ground yet.

It is a white two story building on Coffee St. One block off of Main. It has a big parking lot, it is the same block as Sunami's, which is the only part of the block not included.

They are still leasing the building, so I have come to the conclusion that nothing is planned for it at this time, but we can always hope the balance of the lot is developed.

One of them had some inssues that were not going to be able to worked thorugh, but it is in talks again, but probubly farther out and atleast initialy on a smaller scale.

The other would be dead is my guess, though I may be wrong. But that could be a good thing, larger and grander things could be the fruit of its demise. Who knows, we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still inpatient, it's been three weeks (again) since Mr. Ellis' last email, still no news and still no updates to the website. Hmmm, maybe this whole thing is just one of those UP rumors... :P

Been wondering the same thing about the website. They really need to update their site soon.

Bob Ellis keeps telling me their going to update their website next week, then when that week rolls around and it's still not updated, I email him again about it and he goes and tells me the next week and then it's still not updated that week. <_<

Small email I just received regarding the website needing to be updated and the height of the Pinnacle:

"Dear Mr. Sharp,

Thank you - The website being updated is in process. We are planning to add to it as well. Regarding your earlier question relative to Pinnacle Bldg height, currently it is 240 feet."

Small email I just received regarding the website needing to be updated and the height of the Pinnacle:

"Dear Mr. Sharp,

Thank you - The website being updated is in process. We are planning to add to it as well. Regarding your earlier question relative to Pinnacle Bldg height, currently it is 240 feet."

Thanks g-man. Isn't this building 13 floors..... about 20 feet per floor?

Another great email I just received from Bob Ellis regarding the Pinnacle on Main:

Some events have developed within the last month which will have a positive effect on Pinnacle and the "uptown" area. It is a significant concept and project which involves several properties therefore requiring some time in orchestrating the deal. Unfortunately, it has to remain underwraps for a short time. Thanks for your interest. :thumbsup:

Is it okay to get excited about this? :unsure:

I think I will, especially since we haven't had any major announcements in what seems like months! :yahoo:

Side thought: is it correct to call the North Main area "uptown" if the Pleasantburg/Haywood/Roper Mountain area is already "midtown?"

gman, will this new possible project delay the pinnacle, in his email he said it will impact it and require time?

This possible project sounds very intruiging :D

Actually, if anything, it will help the Pinnacle get off the ground sooner rather than later. Remember, he said it made a "positive" impact on the Pinnacle. He also wasn't talking about the Pinnacle requiring time, he was talking about this new project that is closely underwraps for the time being. :thumbsup:

-Didn't he say the Pinnacle was "currently" scheduled to be 240 feet tall in one of my last emails. I think he did. hmmm...sounds interesting. I'm with you Skyliner. :silly:

Archived