CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

I worked on both the river place, and river house buildings and one woman bought the whole top floor of the river house building for around almost 2 million. That is what the job superintendent told me. I work for Harper by the way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum erm1981 !! Someone with your background will be invaluable to our discussions here.

As far as Pinnacle goes, the Park Place has units for 1.25mm+ and they don't offer a view. Nevertheless, I am ready for that building to come out of the ground. I'm sure pre-sales are the holdup there.

Pre-sales are indeed the hold up. According to the Marchant Company 5 condos at the Pinnacle are still for sale, so it could be a while until this thing finally gets under way. I just don't see why Bob Ellis doesn't make this thing twice at tall and add twice as many units for half price of what they currently are. The Pinnacle along with the Camperdown need to do more advertising too.

Dear Mr. Ellis,

You obviously cannot sell enough units in The Pinnacle on Main to meet the minimum number for construction, and to be quite honest, most of us are tired of waiting. Since you obviously do not know what you are doing, why not build a 30-35 story tower and decrease your cost that way? Isn't that the obvious solution? Besides, Greenville's skyline needs it.

Sincerely,

Your friends at UrbanPlanet.org Greenville forum

;)

Although I agree with the sentiment here, I think maybe we could achieve better results with better tact. :ph34r:

I agree, RT. I thought it would be funny to post a letter that says what many of us would love to say (but wouldn't actually say). Any hey, if Bob Ellis reads this forum, all the better. :P

I GOT AN ANSWER-

Mr. Sharp,

Thank you for your interest in the Pinnacle on Main. We too are anxious to start construction, however a project of this size, scope, and complexity is not a fast build. We have spent a lot of time addressing many details which this building will feature and which no other building downtown possesses. Height of the building has to be in proportion to the site and its functionality. Further, we want this project to contain all its own parking on-site with suffiency that only this building will possess. Adding to the height, if even architecturally practical within correct scale and mass proportions, would delay the project at least 6 months as we would have to submit for Part I & Part II design approvals again. Actually, most of the building engineering and all site development engineering has been done awaiting the go signal which is predicated on finalizing the legal and financial documents. We anticipate a public announcement within 30 days. We have a lot of people who want to see this building built as Greenville needs a quality designed high rise different from all others.

Regards,

Bob Ellis

Excellent work, g-man430! :yahoo:

"...height of the building has to be in proportion to the site and its funtionality."

Interesting quote, and something many take for granted. I personally believe it has to do with how creative you are and what are your goals for the property, rather than being limited to conceiveably restrictive proportions and a supposed site "functionality."

That being said, I think this building will be a positive addition to Greenville's skyline in many ways. I am anxious to see what else he has up his sleeve for downtown.

Here is another email I just received from Bob Ellis-

Mr. Sharp,

We are planning to revise the website in the next week and yes we want to start construction as quick as the city permits and financial institutions will allow. There is a little more fine tuning of the engineering to do because this bldg is quite different in its design and features. More on that later. This bldg will be the first high-rise of more than 14 stories since the Daniel bldg (Landmark Bldg) of 1964 so it is not a quick build. Thank you for your continued interest.

The odd thing is he said in the email this will be the first building of more than 14 stories since the landmark building. I thought the Pinnacle was only supposed to be 13 stories. This will be great if they changed it and made it taller than originally planned. :thumbsup:

Here is another email I just received from Bob Ellis-

Mr. Sharp,

We are planning to revise the website in the next week and yes we want to start construction as quick as the city permits and financial institutions will allow. There is a little more fine tuning of the engineering to do because this bldg is quite different in its design and features. More on that later. This bldg will be the first high-rise of more than 14 stories since the Daniel bldg (Landmark Bldg) of 1964 so it is not a quick build. Thank you for your continued interest.

One section of the e-mail that is interesting is the part about starting bolded above. It seems they don't have their funding in place yet and/or are needing to pre-sale enough units to get the funding approved.

One section of the e-mail that is interesting is the part about starting bolded above. It seems they don't have their funding in place yet and/or are needing to pre-sale enough units to get the funding approved.

That is exactly the case.

Archived